Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Glue mildly torn tires? >

Glue mildly torn tires?

Glue mildly torn tires?

Old 12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Glue mildly torn tires?

The glued tires on my MT4 are tearing off a little (haven't come off completely) and at a couple spots it looks like the rubber is cracking a little instead of the tire separating from the rim. Is that something I can save and glue again, or is it game over?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magicrobots
The glued tires on my MT4 are tearing off a little (haven't come off completely) and at a couple spots it looks like the rubber is cracking a little instead of the tire separating from the rim. Is that something I can save and glue again, or is it game over?
throwin a lil glue on it cant hurt it any more so go for it and run em till the fly off the rim then get new ones......bout all you can do
Old 12-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

What I have done in the past, depending on the tire and the balance, is take a peice of an old warn out tire and glue it over the rip. Preferably from the inside if you can. Its worked great for me. I have a set of proline dirt hawgs that I ripped right around the rim about 1/2 an inch from the bead. I patched it with a cut from a traxxas(super thin) tire and they are still going to this day.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by red dog
What I have done in the past, depending on the tire and the balance, is take a peice of an old warn out tire and glue it over the rip. Preferably from the inside if you can. Its worked great for me. I have a set of proline dirt hawgs that I ripped right around the rim about 1/2 an inch from the bead. I patched it with a cut from a traxxas(super thin) tire and they are still going to this day.
Let me ask you a question.

How is anyone supposed to patch a small rip from the "inside" of a glued tire?
Old 12-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think he means to take donor rubber from the cleaner interior of an old tire and use it as a patch.

I ended up just squeezing a little glue into every crack I could find. I'm taking it out this afternoon, we'll see how it holds up!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

I his case, no it would not be possible to patch from the inside. My point was that if the tire was partially off the bead or the tear was big enough to patch it from the inside where possible.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

The report is so far, so good. Tires have held together after 3 x 5000mah 4s packs.