Like Tree7Likes

Traxxas Revo

Old 12-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Got my Revo in yesterday. Figures it'd be friggin raining here the day I get one. I'm going to change the radio system out today I think and if the rain stays away, I'll break it in tonight.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys. I just got my revo and and the glow starter doesn't work on it. Is this a common problem? If I use a seperate glow starter it's fine but I'd like to use the one hand held unit. Does anyone know any tricks?

Thanks
Old 12-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Z
Tech Master

I had the same problem. I called Traxxas and they are sending me a new one. Very nice people to deal with.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Initiate

are theres any con's the to the revo? . . im really looking into getting one.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

to answer your question nitroRCracer69, maybe the pricetag and possibly the radio equipment but thats about it
Old 12-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Initiate

My Revo... all I did is install a Futaba Magnum 3PM radio, Hot Bodies tires and paint a couple parts blue. I personally like painting the parts instead of spending $ for something aluminum etc., All I did was go to the store bought some Krylon primer,paint, and clear coat and it turned out great!

Old 12-31-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Initiate

My wife bought me a Revo for Xmas . This is my 1st R/C
and I'm loving it. What I'm wondering is what do you use for a mobile pit. Something to carry spare parts, gas, and tools? Right now I'm using a large ammo can but I think i'm outgrowing it really quick. Lets see some ideas. Thanks
Old 12-31-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Rockram, just got to your local hardware store(home depot , Sears etc.) and by a portable tool box thats big enough to carry all your accesories. You can also buy those divider boxes that work great and are a must-have for parts.

Last edited by Allen Sondej; 01-01-2005 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If this is big enough for you this works great as well you can find these at your local homedepot
Old 01-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Her are some more ideas for you.

[
Old 01-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Painted Plastic

Oh yeah I like the painted plastic also. Is that the special paint that is suppose to be just for plastice? I know that they make some that is called "fusion" I think. I think that it is also made by Krylon or Rustuliom. I think that I might try that as well.

Did anyone see on the RD website the red Revo? Do you think that they strip the chassis and reanodized it?
Old 01-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

they do strip it first, turns out a lot better, i have seen the gold one in person and it is awsome looking, he races that thing, can you believe it?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Revo Flaws

Originally posted by nitroRCracer69
are theres any con's the to the revo? . . im really looking into getting one.

Flaws i know about REVO is overheating and soft suspension. If you race non stop for more than 30 mins., engine suddenly stalls and had to be cooleddown to start again. I experieced this on the Tmax 2.5 which I know they still used in the REVO. I have no problem in handling and engine power due to its superb power to weight ratio. A little hardening in the suspension will make the REVO survive jumps and sharp curves. You also have to be careful on sharp curves with half or full trottle since its has a tendency to flip sideways. Anyway, still your decision to get one as long as you can address the flaws I mentioned earlier. Have you tried other trucks like TNX perhaps? Straight from the box, the kit can handle jumps, no overheating, meaning easy to tune engine, very agile. It has little upgrades like dampers and tie rod. Thats all.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

The over heating is not considered a Revo flaw. It is the person tuning the motor flaw. As for the handleing you cannot say that this is not the best out of the box race ready monster truck on the market.
As for it to be dialed would take about $100 for the foward only gear some springs and oil and a new set of tires. Actually the tires that come with arn't all that bad so you could make this truck more race worthy than any truck on the track for under 30 bucks!

Overheating= too lean
Old 01-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

i can deal with overheating , handling issues all of that since im not going to race it . . at least not while its stock . . its just going to be a backyard beater for a little while

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.