Like Tree7Likes

Traxxas Revo

Old 12-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

As far as the stock radio is concerned, I say it depends on what you're using the truck for. If you're just bashing, use your money on something else. Think about the time your radio spends sitting on the ground when you're out in a field, in an open lot, etc... while you're starting or tuning your truck. Not to mention, you're grabbing your radio after handling a filthy, and sometimes wet truck.
I installed my R1 rx in the Revo right after break in, but quickly pulled it back out when I realized I was bashing more than racing, I'd rather not dirty up the bling racing radio. Maybe next summer. Even if you destroy the stock radio by dropping it, you can pick a complete TQ3 up off e-Bay for around $25 to $35. As far as the lack of 27 band freq's go, how many times have you been out bashing with more than 7 people.
If you race, sure, a computer radio is the way to go.

As far as bigger engines go, why not just learn to drive the truck with the 2.5R? I've been racing for the better part of 20 years, at no point have a felt that the 2.5 lacked in the power department. What I have noticed are the number stock Revos laying smack down on the big block trucks on race day. That's impressive. I've you've got nearly double the displacement that I do, you better hand me my butt on a platter all day long.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default You are completely right

You rock, Now instead of me buying an upgraded motor for my Revo I will spend the 250 on a Used Tmaxx and hop it up and just use my Revo for racing and bashing.

Dante`
Old 12-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

The TQ am radio I believe TRAXXAS will help with the replacement of for about $7.00 American even if its a molten puddle...

Robert K. McCartney
Old 12-10-2004, 05:44 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Revo Engines

Originally posted by cornerspeed
I hear the new O.S. .18 engine is made to fit right in. Suppose to scream.
Also Traxxas is soon to release a big block mounting kit for any engine sizes
Saw a new OS .18 in a Revo today at our track and it is damn fast. Might eventually put one in my TNX.

Motor had plenty of HP and will have OS reliablility.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:14 AM
Tech Initiate

I just recieved my Revo yesterday and it was to ugly outside to run it, today will actually be my first day gettin' her fired up. I have previously owned a T-Maxx with a 2.5 and really liked the engine, but depending how much torque it carries out of the box I might look into gettin' an OS, but Im not racing just bashing so I dont really know if its nessecary...
Old 12-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

yer i see.............yes my dog took my revo i left it by the front door and my dog picked up and hid it in its kennal in the back garden it must of been sittinjg out there for 5 days but nothing is wrong wiht it but the shell is a bit skufted where the dog had it oh well got a spare shell lol......thnks funny shit
Old 12-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am hoping to get my Revo this Christmas from my wife!! The first thing i am going to do is put my KO radio system in it. You say for bashing that radio is all right well I disagree I wouldn't let my 2 year old son use that peice of crap. I am not saying go out and buy a $300 radio I am just saying before you go out and buy the useless alumuminum crap, upgrade the radio first. There are many radios that are much better than that one for an reasonble price.

If you had a Ferrari would you put a Jenson radio and speakers in it?? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same with this truck. The radio is just an insult to the truck. Losi got it right with there RTR and actually that JR is a great beginner radio. It gives you all the functions that help tune the truck that much better. You should think of the radio as another tuning option it helps more than having more frequencys.

Yes the M8 will work but not with a Traxxas reciever.

Finally this rc stuff is highly addictive and some people that never intended to race end up racing and you would be much better prepared when you show up to the track with a better radio than all the stupid alloy parts. The radio will help you a lot faster.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is anyone looking for a Revo, I have one brand new sealed in box. PM me for details.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by huskerfreak
I am hoping to get my Revo this Christmas from my wife!! The first thing i am going to do is put my KO radio system in it. You say for bashing that radio is all right well I disagree I wouldn't let my 2 year old son use that peice of crap. I am not saying go out and buy a $300 radio I am just saying before you go out and buy the useless alumuminum crap, upgrade the radio first. There are many radios that are much better than that one for an reasonble price.

If you had a Ferrari would you put a Jenson radio and speakers in it?? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same with this truck. The radio is just an insult to the truck. Losi got it right with there RTR and actually that JR is a great beginner radio. It gives you all the functions that help tune the truck that much better. You should think of the radio as another tuning option it helps more than having more frequencys.

Yes the M8 will work but not with a Traxxas reciever.

Finally this rc stuff is highly addictive and some people that never intended to race end up racing and you would be much better prepared when you show up to the track with a better radio than all the stupid alloy parts. The radio will help you a lot faster.
The radio is fine if you're just bashing around. I've had a Mars R, a JR R1, etc... I don't race anymore so I don't really care. You are right though, there are much better radios for not a lot of money. I'm going to make it my first upgrade to the truck but for now, it's not thta bad.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

RTR radios are ususally pretty poor from everything that I've seen. For people just starting off with no existing kit - fair enough, RTRs can get you started. But where I race, I can think of at least a dozen occassions over the past year where BRAND NEW Tmaxxs had serious radio glitches. On about half of these occassions, the glitches resulted in subsequent runaways and broken parts/bent shock shafts. In some cases, the radio wasn't just glitchy - it just plain didn't work.

I think the problem in the UK is that 27mhz AM radios are more prone to interferance than decent 40mhz FM stuff. Most of the guys had replacement stuff from the manufacturer gratis, but all the experienced racers/bashers replace the cheap radio with better quality stuff ASAP - it's generally deemed one of the most crucial 'hop-ups' you can invest in. If you end up with more than one car/truck, it makes sense to get a radio with a model memory anyway. But to be honest, any FM radio is an improvement - where I'm from this can be obtained for as little as £60.

Nitro Trucks are fast and heavy - the last thing anyone needs is a runaway.

Regards

Horatio
Old 12-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Here is my Revo

WHAT'S ON YOUR REVO?

UPGRADES:

New Era Shock Caps
New Era Shock Ends
New Era Rod Ends
New Era Super Duty Roll Cage
Novak XXTRA Receiver
RPM Head Protector
MIP Titanium Push Rods
MIP Shock Shafts
MIP Shock Bodies
JWerks Front and Rear Rocker Arms
3Racing Titanium Turnbuckles
3Racing Blue Aluminum Servo Saver Mount
3Racing Silver Aluminum Bulkhead Mount
New Era Springs Blue and Gun Metal Springs
Lunsford Push Rods
Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins

FUTURE UPGRADES
3Racing Aluminum Servo Saver
OS 18TM

MODDING DONE NOT ONLY FOR BLING FACTOR BUT ALSO FOR JUMPING!

Last edited by Nitro_Crash; 12-22-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default my Revo

my Revo click here
Old 12-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Rookie

I purchased my Revo about a week ago. I haven't had the chance to start her up yet. Weather's been bad plus work has been a bear lately. Also, I'm new to this forum, so "hi" everybody

Old 12-23-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Rookie

here is my Revo
Old 12-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Nice paint!!

Mickey Mouse rocks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.