Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
whats wrong with my FLUX? i already checked diff? help please... >

whats wrong with my FLUX? i already checked diff? help please...

whats wrong with my FLUX? i already checked diff? help please...

Old 10-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Unhappy whats wrong with my FLUX? i already checked diff? help please...

i broke my first rear diff when i had the solid slipper...and well, replaced the diff with a brand new one...

now..from one back flip(still having the solid slipper)..my truck has been acting like this...leaving the right rear wheel without even power to the other..(as you can tell on the video)

so i replace the solid slipper with the Robinson Racing spur kit...so it can have some slipping...and now i cant seem to find the problem..i opened the rear diff..and all the spiders and gears are fine...i spin the rear wheel on the oppsite direction..and theres no binding or grinding sounds...doesnt get stuck..spin the both rear tires and the front ones spin too...? so whats the deal?

so everytime i press the throttle wanting to do a backflip or even just a nice wheely...it throws the power to one side and tosses my truck on its back.....

at times you get fustraded...and i bet you have the same thought i have..but man, im annoyed....

any sugguestions?

should i just buy a new complete diff from ebay? or what options do i have to fix this issue?

(i will delete this video once my issus has been resolved.)
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Well its def. your diff. I guess you could tear out your drive train and put together maybe. Just to double check for any resistence or anything in the drivetrain. I would atleast start there. Maybe a bad bearing is holding it up.
Just my thoughts before you buy another diff. .
Im not shure.. But cant you over tighten a diff aswell. Only 2yrs in so Im still learning as I go.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

There is nothing wrong with your diff dude, that's called diff action. The power will go to the wheel with the least amount of traction. That's why you are getting one wheel ballooning.

If you want to fix that you have to slow the diff action down. The way you do that is to use thicker diff fluid, thats it.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

As was stated earlier if your fluid is too thin then it will do this more. I run 30k in the rear of my flux.

What about holding one tire and spinning the other does it still more the front? Have you check the wheels where the hex sits for it being stripped out. And finally the pins under the sun gears are known to break and cause this issue too.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

+1 mavricko. Sounds more like the pin behind the sungear. The tiredoesnt seemed to have even spins so i dont thinkits the viscocity of the oil. If u cant figure it out i ll check it out for u.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dasmurf93
The tiredoesnt seemed to have even spins so i dont thinkits the viscocity of the oil. If u cant figure it out i ll check it out for u.

A tire will not have "even spins" on loose ground with light fluid in it. Sometimes they don't spin "evenly" with heavy fluid in the diff either but it helps. The tire with the least amount of traction under power will always spin. Until they come out with "Traction Controll" in RC cars this will always be a problem for those that like to do back flips.

Put that truck as it sits on concrete and I bet it will backflip with no problems because both tires will get enough traction to push it over.