Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-revo only running for two minutes...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default E-revo only running for two minutes...

So I bought a used e-revo brushless with Novak hv pro 6.5 setup and a fly sky gt-2 rx/tx. Charged up my 2s lipos and the thing only last two minutes. But all I have to do is reset tx and it's back at it hardcore. Minutes later stops again. Reset tx back at it. But, While the motor doesn't work after two minutes the servo still works.

What's up? Any ideas? Fully charged batteries in tx as well.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Probably something wrong in the ESC. Almost sounds like it's going into premature thermal protection. Servos still work if that happens. What's the temps like on the ESC when that happens?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm going to run it today and check temps. I was also told it might be a bad lvc so I'm going to try that as well. It's a built in one. But I turned it off to see if it lasts more than two minutes.

EDIT: it ran as long as I wanted it to today no problems(with no lvc).The motor did get hot though so I stopped. I have no accurate temp but I couldn't leave my hand on it for more than 5 seconds. The esc got warm never really hot though. I've just been told my motor/esc is outdated and not meant for my truck anymore. Boo. Lol.

Last edited by Ogzer707; 10-11-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Did you check your gearing setup? The guy that did the Novak conversion may not have bothered to change out the gearing before he sold it.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...ems/index.html

hot motor, cool esc=undergeared
cool motor, hot esc=overgeared
Old 10-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah I've tried changing gears and spurs. I found out if I turn off the built in lvc on esc it runs perfect. I purchased a hobbywing 150a xerun combo to keep temps down. Which I recently sent back due to issues. So I'm back on the Novak for now. I really like it. I just broke my rear bulkhead lol. So I guess I'm not really running the Novak. By the time I get new my bulkhead on and all put together again, I should have some new 40c 2s lipos and my hobbywing combo put back in. Yay!

Edit: I didn't see your last two lines LaTuFu. I was geared too low at first but I recently got some 40 series wheels and it seem a lot better now. Thank you.

Last edited by Ogzer707; 10-26-2011 at 05:54 PM.