Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Why doesn't anyone make a good Monster Truck? >

Why doesn't anyone make a good Monster Truck?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why doesn't anyone make a good Monster Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Why doesn't anyone make a good Monster Truck?

I've had most of them on the market and I'm not impressed. I want something with Mamba Monster combo, longer and wider than Savage. Something not retardly top heavy, 2 speed tranny like a Summit but not as shitty as a Summit. A bit more realistic looking and tough. Basically with Vintage Tamiya looks but bigger, straight axles would be nice, and lots of power with Traxxas like features minus the low quality. I know I'm way too picky but hopefully something comes along.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

all i got is LOL lot of great trucks out there traxxas shitty quality what a joke......hpi savage is huge.. lxt xxl another great truck...... try made in china 1/5 scale? lot of great stuff seems as if your just way to picky... hell if nothing is good enuff for ya then make your own or? get out of the hobby and move on to 1/1 scale...
Old 10-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up 1

that s not true i also dream a really good truck. and i know that lots of aher people want this.
i desing a super moster truck with chain driven 3 speed transimmision
titanium diffs super tough like amix 0f e maxx savage flux and mad forse ve. i mtruing to make the perfect monstersince7 . my first materia was wood ... now imthinking polycarbonate sheets and tubes.. .

e maxx3908 savage flux brushless summit e revo vxl m18mt ..

Last edited by rcmostertrukguy; 10-14-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

it is true the *perfect* truck in your mind is totally different then anyone else for the most part yes there may be some things that are the same but again there is goin to be lots of difference in it that bein said i think the xxl is dang near perfect no its not 100% look at everyone's xxls they have look at whats different about them or the maxx line look at all the changes people make to make them *the trucks they are* are they perfect in there eyes stock? maybe so but again look at all mods made to make them better... i idea of the *perfect truck* would be a 1977 ford f 150 highboy that some one took out of the factory and made in to a 1/10 scale or maybe as big as a 1/8 scale from the working 400 engine to the manual 4 speed with a set of 35 in tires. so i would have a workin 1/10 or 1/8 v8 with tranny lights everything workin to the last detail that would be the *perfect truck* in my mind but again some one might say no a hpi based baja or a mx5t is the perfect truck. the point is no one is goin to come up to u and say hey im goin to build a rc just for u so lets sit down and draw it up. we will ahve it to u in a year or so the they may sell a lot of them but that have to market something that is nice for everyone if they made a chevy based truck how many ford lovers u think would buy it??? and that goes the other way and how many ford people would buy rc based on a chevy frame?? there are enuff parts in the rc world to make your self the perfect truck but u have to sit down and do it no one is goin to make that truck for u. i hope u find happiness in something that u can build couse if not then what was the point?? hell my perfect truck is in reach look at all the people that make 1/8 scale working engines based off ford chevy or dodge engines mount one on a brusier type frame and im already half way thre to the perfect truck but the time and money is not there for me to sit down and build that u gotta be realistic in what u want u want a 1/5 scale truck that is pefect for u build the dang thing show us some pics so we can say *WAY TO GO* but the idea of a company build the *perfect truck is so farfeched* its just not goin to happen that way
Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats like saying i want the perfect wife, just not going to happen
Old 10-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Losi XXL. Done.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

This is amusing. Didn't think anyone would get butt hurt over this thread. I do like the XXL as long as it came with a Mamba instead garbage nitro. Racing vehicles and crawlers are constantly changing but MTs rarely do. I have a Axial Wraith that I think would be perfect if it was half again bigger and triple the power with heavy duty parts. I've had brushless e-revos, Savages, TXT's, Clod's, Etc. Believe me, there is plenty of room for improvement in the monster truck market. My favorite one so far has been the E-revo but working on diffs and general maintenance sucks because its a bitch to work on. Driveshafts on it wear out super fast and shitty companies like Integy is the only metal ones so you know theirs are weaker than factory. I come from a racing driving style since that's what I do mostly but its also fun to go out into the mountains and do some serious hillclimbing in lose soil and things like that.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody01
I do like the XXL as long as it came with a Mamba instead garbage nitro.

I take it you can't tune a nitro engine with that statement. Funny thing about that is I don't see any faster lap times with electric at any tracks I run at. Guys run ECO's with Teken's in them too....

Anyway, get a Truggy then and convert it to Grandpa/Grandma (plug and play) A truggy will out bash, out run, out last and go over just about everything or more then a M/T. They do it faster too.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by got_nitro
I take it you can't tune a nitro engine with that statement. Funny thing about that is I don't see any faster lap times with electric at any tracks I run at. Guys run ECO's with Teken's in them too....

Anyway, get a Truggy then and convert it to Grandpa/Grandma (plug and play) A truggy will out bash, out run, out last and go over just about everything or more then a M/T. They do it faster too.
I've had many nitros in the past and have moved to electric. Don't have as much to do with tuning as just my overall dislike for the mess with the fuel and the noise and the no botton end power.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i dont know why people talk down on nitro i mean yea they are a lot more maintance then electric. and there is some really fast electric vehicles! but nitro sound and smell is second to none! its so much more realistic. i had a rustler with the brushless velineon setup and it was cool. then i got my t-maxx 3.3, and love it! plus i drive my uncles ofna nitro bugggy and love that to! i like electric and nitro both! i like the plug and play of the electric, and the sound and smell of nitro.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

lol idk who is butt hurt over this but what ever im not here to fight and for ckblood05 most people that bash on nitro have had a bad experience with it. but cody here like nitro said just probley could not keep his tuned to save his balls but owell that leaves more for us to enjoy
Old 10-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody01
and the no botton end power.
You know, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you had a nitro with no bottom end power then, you either had a turd of an engine, or you didnt have it tuned right. Any of my MT's with .26's and .28's will pretty much wheelie on demand with stock gearing.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

You also wont find a production brushless electric truck with a 2 speed as it simply isn't needed cause brushless systems give gobs of torque right from the get go , nitro motors have to spool up to start making torque which is why they have a low gear and shift into high after the motor gets going .

If you want a darn near indestructible truck then a converted XXL with a few mods is what you want .

There is a reason RC monster trucks have independent suspensions , its just plain better than straight axles If the full size MT's could run independent suspensions you better believe they would , problem is it would be too heavy if they made it reliable .
Old 10-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem

If you want a darn near indestructible truck then a converted XXL with a few mods is what you want .
this is true and again its not true... while the xxl is a great truck it may not be his *perfect truck* maybe its to small for him or he dont like that its only a 2 speed but thats for him to deside not us. i will agree that the xxl is great even tho ive broken mine in the 3 weeks ive had it i still like it lots but the perfect truck is what hes lookin for it could be a 5 speed with a .90 tiwn piston or something idk only he knows what the perfect truck is but bashin on any name brand *traxxas* couse he broke one is bs.. and a waste of thread space.... i hope u find your perfect truck or build it
Old 10-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Electrics are toys for those children too impatient or incompetent to figure out nitro.

Compared to nitro they are like watching an action film or NFL game on mute. I would rather basket-weave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.