Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Losi steering problem >

Losi steering problem

Losi steering problem

Old 09-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default Losi steering problem

I've had my original lst for about 6 years now and I noticed that the turning is very bad. Around corners the wheels sometimes almost go straight on a flat surface and thus making the truck not corner. Is this because the servo savers are old and worn or the servos are to weak. I havent noticed this until this year.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Might just need to lube up the linkages. Make sure your tires don't need to get adjusted to tracking straight, check all coupler joints to make sure there aren't any dried up ones that could be causing binding instead of movement. Then lastly I'd check servos/savers.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Possible solutions. The stock servos that came with the LST bite. Grab two new servos from Jenny's chop shop on e-bay taken from an XXL. They have a lot mroe torque. Or just buy a really nice single servo and do the single servo mod.

Replace your servo savers (especially if your runnin the same ones now for 5+years).

Buy a BAC steering link.

Problem solved.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Yea i think its the servo savers because you can just tap the wheel and the servo saver would start to expand. I might replace the servo savers first before the servos because they are very old.