Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
need help.t maxx jumps a bit to get going >

need help.t maxx jumps a bit to get going

need help.t maxx jumps a bit to get going

Old 08-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need help.t maxx jumps a bit to get going

hi i have a t maxx 2.5 and it seems to jump inching its way up to speed its two weeks old and doesnt seem healthy..any sugestions what it could be?
Old 08-29-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tmaxxer2.5
hi i have a t maxx 2.5 and it seems to jump inching its way up to speed its two weeks old and doesnt seem healthy..any sugestions what it could be?
sounds like your tune is out. try setting your hsn & lsn back to factory settings.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tmaxxer2.5
Is it a engine/rev-y jump or a notchy/geary jump? A friend of mine had the same issue with a t-maxx that he built from ebay parts years ago, and it turned out that he had the diffs installed upside-down, and the transmission was running in reverse while the truck was moving forward, and vice versa. The notchy jump was reverse engaging. It took him a while to realize that was happening. If your truck is new though, I wouldn't think that would be the problem...shot in the dark...
Old 08-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Rookie

ya its two weeks old neva messed around with the needles factory tuned, sometimes if i turn up the throttle trim it grabs faster and doesnt jump as much on the tranny..dn mystery