Wiki Posts
Search

My T-MAXX

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Sweet Maxx
And the older model E Maxx 3906 and the 2.5 T Maxx are compatable and the newer E Maxx 3905 and 3.3 T Maxx are compatable.
This is as far as I know from buying/researching parts for my E Maxx. But double check before you buy. You can also call up TRX tech support. There really helpful. Ive called them as a noob with some stupid questions. lol
Old 11-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LOL I'm really good at asking stupid noob questions! Heh RoBB!

Hey RoBB, did you get that off Global Warmer?

Last edited by Tech Head; 11-22-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (98%+)
Default any updates?

hey bud the truck is looking good. keep going... are you planning on doing more bodies for the truck?
Old 11-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All emaxx and tmaxx ft/rr are the same. Except the axles,knuckles, and possible the arms and shock towers(only a original .15 is different from the others).
The centers are what you have to worry about.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Brett why dont you just buy this kit- http://www.rcraveninc.com/product/TM...Plate-Set.html

@RahjahDat- Thanks mate, I probably might get a new body for it soon because I wrecked this one on a jump recently, I'll update this with pics soon.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

/

Last edited by MiniMGT; 12-28-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well guys this was for sale before but I decided to keep it about a week ago.
Yesterday I was going to the beach so I bought my Tmaxx along, and I chose a spot with nobody around and drove it, it was so fun just driving it on the sand and getting the sand in the air but then after a bit I gave the remote to my uncle and the next thing I know it was in the water because he underestimated the speed and power of it, we got it out and took it home. Today I took apart the truck today and hosed it down, the only parts I can see with rust on them are the bearings and the RPM ball joints for the hubs so I'll just leave those, the electronics seem fine now that I've dried them so the only thing that still worries me is the engine, I think that might have gotten some water in it :? I'll tell you when I find out.
Also another thing, I opened up my tranny to check for water and I noticed that I have one metal gear there (not the outside spur gear), is that the forward only conversion or would it be a seperate upgrade done by the previous owner?

Here are some from the many pics I got at the beach, it was soooo fun and next time I am still gonna take my Tmaxx along but I wont give anyone else the remote.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MiniMGT
Well guys this was for sale before but I decided to keep it about a week ago.
Yesterday I was going to the beach so I bought my Tmaxx along, and I chose a spot with nobody around and drove it, it was so fun just driving it on the sand and getting the sand in the air but then after a bit I gave the remote to my uncle and the next thing I know it was in the water because he underestimated the speed and power of it, we got it out and took it home. Today I took apart the truck today and hosed it down, the only parts I can see with rust on them are the bearings and the RPM ball joints for the hubs so I'll just leave those, the electronics seem fine now that I've dried them so the only thing that still worries me is the engine, I think that might have gotten some water in it :? I'll tell you when I find out.
Also another thing, I opened up my tranny to check for water and I noticed that I have one metal gear there (not the outside spur gear), is that the forward only conversion or would it be a seperate upgrade done by the previous owner?

Here are some from the many pics I got at the beach, it was soooo fun and next time I am still gonna take my Tmaxx along but I wont give anyone else the remote.

Awesome running pics man.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

Are you planning on upgrading it anymore?

Last edited by keith09; 12-29-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MiniMGT
I opened up my tranny to check for water and I noticed that I have one metal gear there (not the outside spur gear), is that the forward only conversion or would it be a seperate upgrade done by the previous owner?
The stock FOC is a plastic gear. Any other steel gear (excluding the steel reverse idler gear which should have been removed for the FOC) would be aftermarket.
If it’s on the middle (primary shaft) its most likely the forward primary gear, but could also be a reverse primary gear that’s not being used. If it’s a single steel gear on the bottom (output shaft) it’s a forward only output gear.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by keith09
Awesome running pics man.
Thanks, I really like them too

Originally Posted by keith09
Are you planning on upgrading it anymore?
I'm only gonna upgrade the things that break but I'm probably gonna need to get alloy bulkheads soon because I can see some cracks on it, this isnt a show truck its my basher truck.

Originally Posted by Snook Man
The stock FOC is a plastic gear. Any other steel gear (excluding the steel reverse idler gear which should have been removed for the FOC) would be aftermarket.
If it’s on the middle (primary shaft) its most likely the forward primary gear, but could also be a reverse primary gear that’s not being used. If it’s a single steel gear on the bottom (output shaft) it’s a forward only output gear.
Thanks, thats the info I needed, I think its a forward only output gear.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

I hear you with the upgrading. Show trucks are piles of money that's all.