Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

savage 4.6 for bashing.. hands down
Old 07-31-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the revo is my choice easy to service plenty of upgrades throw on some truggy wheels and in handles,switch to some big trenchers and its a monster. install a big block and its a whole new truck...my buddy has a savage,he bought a revo i built with a rb engine,savage is fore sale......
Old 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Savage is definately built for bashing while the revo is more for racing but can also be made into a great basher. Like they said before, the revo is butally fast if you put a big block in it and it makes for a great basher too.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

also guys...need to also mention..along with the big block comes added stress to the drive train. You strip a spur then you replace it with a steel...you move the weak point to another section of the drive train. Been there done that. I have also raced against REVOs with BB in them. about 30% of them would drop out of the race due to drive line failure. Even the OS 21 tm models would fail in a race condition. IMO the chassis was built around the 3.3 and also tuned out right it is a pretty stout motor. If you plan on bashing it...then the Big Block is a good option. But for racing....your taking a chance.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default savage is terible...

savage is terible...i regret getting it, it was just a money pit..i could not give it away!!!!

revo is much better to work on, its a joy to work on.... that pretty much sums it up.

Revo is faster, can still take a bashing..