Wiki Posts
Search

new exhaust system!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default new exhaust system!!!!!

i currently have the t-maxx 3.3 4908 model with the stock resonator pipe and header. i saw a complete exhaust system on ebay for cheap, so i bidded on it and barely won it. its a ths setup. i heard these are good. so i looked, and saw these setups go for over $40-$50. i won this one for $28.99 shipped, brand new. here is the link-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

now will i notice an improvement in power or anything with this? will it sound better?
Old 07-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you could notice an improvement. a good thing would be to search on forums like these about that pipe on a 3.3 tmaxx and see what people say. sometime someone would have bought it and will say if it helped them.

Or you can google it too and find diff forums of people talking about it.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Smitty2919
you could notice an improvement. a good thing would be to search on forums like these about that pipe on a 3.3 tmaxx and see what people say. sometime someone would have bought it and will say if it helped them.

Or you can google it too and find diff forums of people talking about it.
true true. that was my next step. i will browse around and see what others have to say.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

ok, i got the ths system today. everything looks good, but the header pipe at the end it bolts to the engine isnt round, its slotted. so i looked on ebay and there is a ths1040 part and ths1045. i guess the 1045 is for the .15 engine maybe? so now i will have to either make my stock header pipe work, or buy just the header, the correct one. i will probably just buy the correct header. but its $27.00 on ebay. i only paid $29.00 for the whole setup. i got a good deal. if anyone has a chrome ths header that will fit the 3.3 trx engine, please let me know!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

ok, i decided to just stick with the resonator pipe and header. im listing the ths setup in the for sale thread if interested.