Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Got My Kyosho DMT VE >

Got My Kyosho DMT VE

Got My Kyosho DMT VE

Old 10-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Got My Kyosho DMT VE

RRHobbyDepot made me an offer on it i could not pass up on it he was Definitely one of the first in country to get one was trying to sell it for a few weeks on ebay. He can order another or madforce VE for anyone seriously interested also a big seller of hpi stuff at his hobby shop as well VERY nice guy to deal with ! . first thoughts on truck shocks are huge bigger than anything i have scene other than the LST shocks on my Twin Force super soft as well ( have to change not to my taste at all will change firm them up ) , truck is very light i can't recall a truck i had that was lighter .... UPS was there stellar self and waited to last minute to drop off so not going to run it tonight will do a review on stock performance tomorrow ... Definitely will be changing esc (something that can handle 4 cell LI-Poly) tires wheels and body to suit my style ... well enough talkie on with the pic's just a few comparing it next to my Twinforce and USA-1 now have 3 generations of Kyosho trucks ... will post pic's ounce i meet this sites minimum post so i can link URL's or could just take a look on RCMT
Old 10-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Or you could do a photobucket link!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

I don't do photobucket have my own image gallery on RCMT that i upload all my pic's to .....
Old 10-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

I finally reached enough post to post my pic's so here they are ...

a few comparing it next to my Twinforce and USA-1 now i have 3 generations of Kyosho trucks ! ( to give idea on size Twinforce has 14.5" WB and USA-1 13" WB )

swapped rims and tires to my ppp rims ...

Old 10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Nice!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, where was this truck hiding? I haven't even heard of it. Looks good bro!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hmm, this truck could very well rival an E-revo on the track by the looks.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Truck is almost ridiculously light in stock trim and very fast on only a 7 cell nimah (have not decided which way im going yet on lipoly) my only concern is long term parts support and possible some parts breaking down due to weight savings vs strength though i am surprised that i have ran it every single day pretty hard and not broken a single part only real limit seems to be 70a ESC which limits you to only 2s packs got another on the way so i can go up to 4s power ..motor in this set-up very nice .. i have made quite a few changes to make it more monster truck like i'll show later in the week ...
Old 11-16-2010, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dominick Shaunt
Truck is almost ridiculously light in stock trim and very fast on only a 7 cell nimah (have not decided which way im going yet on lipoly) my only concern is long term parts support and possible some parts breaking down due to weight savings vs strength though i am surprised that i have ran it every single day pretty hard and not broken a single part only real limit seems to be 70a ESC which limits you to only 2s packs got another on the way so i can go up to 4s power ..motor in this set-up very nice .. i have made quite a few changes to make it more monster truck like i'll show later in the week ...
you donīt need 4s for that car.
on mine i change stock esc for a vxl unit and run it with 3s lipo with stock motor and is insane fast..
wheelies , very fast and a big difference in top speed for 2s and you only ad more 100 grams of total weight..

i will post pictures later.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I saw this truck the other day in my rc driver magazine , looks nice , is it a 1/10 , 1/8 ? , why so slow out of the box ? And such a high price? They said it does about 25mph and cost over $600 in the magazine.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
I saw this truck the other day in my rc driver magazine , looks nice , is it a 1/10 , 1/8 ? , why so slow out of the box ? And such a high price? They said it does about 25mph and cost over $600 in the magazine.
it does 25 mph with 11 pinion that is the stock one.
but i change to 14 pinion and get more speed without heat alot more.
i am in europe and i get this car for about 370 euros so i think you already can get it for less of 600 in the states.
stock esc is week and that is the main issue of the car, but motor is very efficient, strong and good quality made.
only with change of the esc i notice more speed and with 2s only, and now on 3s i manage to easly pass e-revos at 4s with mambas on a local track.

regards
Old 11-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

It looks like a nice truck and im sure it handles allot better than most mt's out there but for that price id much rather get a flux that i know is tough as nails and has a quality esc and motor combo that is quick. to spend $600 or even $500 on that truck and it only does about 25mph is not my cup of tea , if they dropped the price a few hundred id buy one it a heart beat bc it does have a nice layout...
Old 11-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
It looks like a nice truck and im sure it handles allot better than most mt's out there but for that price id much rather get a flux that i know is tough as nails and has a quality esc and motor combo that is quick. to spend $600 or even $500 on that truck and it only does about 25mph is not my cup of tea , if they dropped the price a few hundred id buy one it a heart beat bc it does have a nice layout...
looks like you will only need 425 dollars:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KYOSHO-1-10-EP-4...c16a6ebe5#shId

what are you waiting for!!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

got mine for well under $400 shipped
Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What types of tires/rims fit on these? Are the tires the same size as the Emaxx/Revo style??

I just ordered one of these trucks.

Is te motor 540 sized? I have a Tekin RX8 and a 550 size motor just begging to go in...who knows/we will see???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.