Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Side Pipe Q. Revo 3.3 + Picco .26 Maxx >

Side Pipe Q. Revo 3.3 + Picco .26 Maxx

Side Pipe Q. Revo 3.3 + Picco .26 Maxx

Old 05-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Questions?? Side Pipe Q. Revo 3.3 + Picco .26 Maxx

Im running a Revo Plat with a Picco .26 Maxx and i am attempting to Use a ERCM side pipe. So far im having a hell of a time getting the Manifold to seal up on there. It has a CRT.5 header that has been modified to fit properly but it doesn't want to seal tight enough.

I was pointed towards an HPI SavageXL pipe #86247 and the corresponding Gaskets #87049 but it too is quite loose on the exhaust port on the Picco not to mention the now bottom spring hole is almost at the bottom of the mill.

I ordered a BB adapter from Oomp but is there anything else i can do in the mean time while i wait for that and a BB manifold?

Here is a pic with the CRT.5 manifold

Am i missing anything here? I have the stock o-ring at the base of the port and the HPI gasket into the manifold but the manifold is way loose on there.

Help?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Take off your silicone exhaust stinger. Cut a nice section out of it to fit perfectly over the exhaust port on your picco, re-install manifold. I've been using pieces of stinger as picco gaskets for a long time now, works great.

On second thought, is that a bb manifold?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I used the stock Picco gasket with a OFNA thick BB gasket over it. Worked great!

Oomp's gasket is amazing! I got one from him about 2-3 years ago.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The manifold i want to install is from a Savage XL. Not sure if thats a BB manifold or not im not an HPI guy.

I'll have to see if i still have the stinger kicking around somewhere, been a while since i used one, i had a Buku pipe for a while before this one. Im sure the LHs will have one if nothing else.

The manifold in that pic is the one that doesn't seal up very well at all. looking to replace it. Im having a hell of a time trying to get this picco to tune as a result.