Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
how to and where to start to turn a xxl into a racer?? >

how to and where to start to turn a xxl into a racer??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how to and where to start to turn a xxl into a racer??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? how to and where to start to turn a xxl into a racer??

Hi guys..

Ok guys. So I'm wanting to turn my xxl into a racer but not lose its bashibly. I was at a local track ten min away from my house and found out that I love to race. I also plain on buying a truggy too.

So here is where I need help at. What do I need to do to make it track worthy? Do I need rpm a arms and the wing/bowties? Or do I need to take it farther? I plain on keeping my two speed because I'm going to bash with it as well.

Any help with these question will be much appreciated. Oo I also plain on buying the carbon fiber top plate. So once again thank to all.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Hi guys..

Ok guys. So I'm wanting to turn my xxl into a racer but not lose its bashibly. I was at a local track ten min away from my house and found out that I love to race. I also plain on buying a truggy too.

So here is where I need help at. What do I need to do to make it track worthy? Do I need rpm a arms and the wing/bowties? Or do I need to take it farther? I plain on keeping my two speed because I'm going to bash with it as well.

Any help with these question will be much appreciated. Oo I also plain on buying the carbon fiber top plate. So once again thank to all.
Not much really. Firs thing is to have a secondary clutchbell and the 18/25 gears on hand to dial in the gearing for the track. Same with the transmission gearing, grab the 15/30 set to fine tune for the track. Other than that, springs and different weight fluids for the shocks to dial in the track style and some diff fluids to dial the f/r diffs in. Pin tires and some light weight wheels would also be beneficial like you mentioned. Last, upgraded servos and the BAC steering link wouldnt hurt either with the F/R Losi swaybar kit.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Not much really. Firs thing is to have a secondary clutchbell and the 18/25 gears on hand to dial in the gearing for the track. Same with the transmission gearing, grab the 15/30 set to fine tune for the track. Other than that, springs and different weight fluids for the shocks to dial in the track style and some diff fluids to dial the f/r diffs in. Pin tires and some light weight wheels would also be beneficial like you mentioned. Last, upgraded servos and the BAC steering link wouldnt hurt either with the F/R Losi swaybar kit.
What about the muggy shock towers? I think I have the tranny gears already. I'm defiantly going to start buying the parts to turn it into a racer/basher. I think I'm going to be addicted to racing before its over.

All I know it was fun with the rusty before it broke. To much power and crappy tires but it was fun while it lasted. All I kept thinking about was man I wish I had my xxl. Should I buy different spins as well like black or would thoes be too stiff??
Old 05-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

things i would do would
muggy shocks, shock stand offs, and shock towers,
top chassis carbon plates
bottom chassis aluminum HD plates
I prefer zero offset rims but you can go with 1/2in offset truggy or 40series
your going to have to get 17mm hubs if you want truggy or non losi 40series rims
pin style or bowties tires depending on the track
RPM arms
if you want, a rear wing

and for tuning pretty much what ntrain42 said