Search

Buying a Losi LST XXL - Thoughts/Tips/Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neobart
didn't notice?

LST2 comes with metal discs and fiber pads, all others comes with all metal. Causes glitching in non-2.4 systems, and they are grabby and inconsistent, and finally they bind up on the outdrive.
Um same exact design still. So your just basically saying you get metal pads instead of fiber ones. The fiber pads can be had for about 3 bucks and are a direct swap.

Regardless the stock metal pads I have never found any issues with being grabby or incosistent(though I do use a 7955 servo or any binding even. I do use the fiber pads on my race XXL, but again using a high torque Hitec 7955 servo I have never noticed any performance improvements over the stock metal pads. If anything, one downside to the fiber pads is they wear out pretty quick on my rig.

So metal pads could be considered an upgrade though because they do last alot longer, that is one thing I definetly have noticed.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In my book and most any LST owner past and present, the all metal brakes are a downgrade. I hate them with a passion.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hi.

I personal like my xxl breaks. I don't have a problem with mine. Hell my truck when applying the breaks all the way makes my truck do a front flip lol . I would hate too see what this truck will do with up grades breaks...
Old 04-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well actually they have less power, but still plenty to stop the truck. They are easier to modulate, whereas the metal ones are a bit on/off. It's nice to bring your truck to a controlled stop, without the rear trying to overtake the front.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

I must have gotten me a real good xxl then lol. My truck when rolling on the breaks stops real nice and quick. Now like I said if I just slam on the breaks its a whole different story. Front flip city lol.

Me myself I'm fine with my stock breaks and will be keeping them that way. I don't think the truck needs more break lol..
Old 04-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Question for you guys. Do you run one servo or two? If one did you modify the steering linkage at all, or just leave it and just run the single servo?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kylar
Question for you guys. Do you run one servo or two? If one did you modify the steering linkage at all, or just leave it and just run the single servo?

I still run the stock steering servos. I found them to be enough for a basher also I have had not a problem with them other.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
I still run the stock steering servos. I found them to be enough for a basher also I have had not a problem with them other.
I got mine used servoless. I added one 180oz servo and it seems to be doing ok so far. might add a second, but i'll have to buy all the hardware and a y adapter to run two servos.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well to do a "proper" single servo mod you should be using a seriously solid single servo, thus being able to eliminate using a servo saver. The Hitec robot servos are steel/titanium geared servos that are brutally tough. Take a short titanium rod and screw on captured ball ends, then attach to a good solid servo horn, and the other end to the steering crank. Now you can rip the wheels in any driving condition imaginable. It's a highly desirable mod. If you stick with the dual servo's I recommend at the very least beefing up the stock servo savers with a couple of extra springs or ditching the stock savers and picking up some of the Associated savers which are far less forgiving and will give you more control over your steering.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

2 servos. I know some people do the single servo mod, but running 2 is better just for redundancy(if one fails you still have a second running. 1 servo offers no benefit other than cost factor. 2 gives you redundancy, and twice the turning/holding torque.

And why people mention robotic servos I have no clue. Hitecs robotic servos are just regeared HV premium servos that have slower transit speeds for a couple extra ounces of torque that are honestly not needed.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I have a robot servo in my buggy (its the robot version of the 5955) it has just as much torque, but it had WAAY more steering throw. My EPA is set to about 60 on each side with it. I put in a 7955 to see, and with the same amount of steering I had 100 epa.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Muggydude
I have a robot servo in my buggy (its the robot version of the 5955) it has just as much torque, but it had WAAY more steering throw. My EPA is set to about 60 on each side with it. I put in a 7955 to see, and with the same amount of steering I had 100 epa.
They have more steering throw,but slower transit speed times, and if your buggy/MT is set up correctly with the correct servo horn it will never use more than 60 total degrees. Most steering setups are designed by nature to use only 55-60 degrees turn. No point in having extra throw when you can't utilize it in the application. If your buggy is a Losi 8ight or RC8T, they both use just under 60 degrees maximum throw when set up with the right horn. Thats my take.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Cool, thanks for the info guys. Do you use a splitter to run the two servos?

Also which associated servo saver do i need?

I got my truck used, and it was setup with a single servo, no servo saver, and its missing some of this stuff which is why i am asking.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Cool, thanks for the info guys. Do you use a splitter to run the two servos?

Also which associated servo saver do i need?

I got my truck used, and it was setup with a single servo, no servo saver, and its missing some of this stuff which is why i am asking.

Thanks
Remind me real quick: Which truck do u have? LST?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Remind me real quick: Which truck do u have? LST?
Its an E-Lst2

It came with only one servo, one servo linkage, and no servo saver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.