Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fastest stock 1/8 nitro monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by whipnet
If it's speed you're after, this one will do over 80mph, but I wouldn't take it over any jumps.
Nice car
Old 02-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I still wanna get my paws on a Twin Titan....
Old 02-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bokol67
2nd to that. before i was into nitro MT'S coz i dont like the looks of the truggy before i had a revo3.3, losi aftershok mgt 8.0and kyosho mfr and for me of all the four mt's its the kyosho mfr that stands out of the four you will be amaze what this truck could do from the rest. by the time i bought my 5th rc i decided to give a shot w/ the truggy w/c is the hongnor X2 truggy and all i can say is that this thing outclass all my MT'S in all departmnt.truggies are really a beauty in a beast!!!
I agree 100%...Buggies/truggies are far more reliable then MT's are....Racing is brutal on machines, take any basher MT to a track and see how long it lasts if you don't believe us....If a truggy is tough/reliable enough for racing it is more then capable of bashing.....Not to mention how much better performing a Truggy.buggy is as opposed to a MT...faster, quicker, more nimble, better handling,brakin,jumping etc...Also easier to work on...And best of all you can use a bumpstart engine, which is far more reliable then an engine with a OWB...
Old 02-27-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

yeah, as long as you run on a track. MTs are by far the most fun vehicles outside a track (=bashing). I've owned several buggies, truggies, you name it.. since 2001 when I started again (since 1980). Especially nitro MTs.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikaR
yeah, as long as you run on a track. MTs are by far the most fun vehicles outside a track (=bashing). I've owned several buggies, truggies, you name it.. since 2001 when I started again (since 1980). Especially nitro MTs.
I Agree MT's are fun ! however for me they were always breaking, so that really took the fun out of them for me... Plan a day of bashing only to spend 3/4 of it wrenching on my tailgate...We would go out with 3 or 4 guys and it was really rare for all of us to have our trucks running at the same time.... when you factor in all the money and time spent trying to keep a MT in operating condition it gets tiring after a while..several of my buddies left RC because of how much wrenching and parts the MT's consumed.... Once I switched to truggy was when I really started to enjoy the hobby..I could spend all day bashing and ripping and next to no time on my tailgate wrenching.......Yes MT's can be a pile of fun, but for me the lack of reliability and constant wrenching far outweighed any fun I had with them when they were running....... I have had every major MT on the market, had the very first release of the T-Maxx when it was released and over the years have had multiples of each one.... I do love running MT's, but I absolutely hate fixxing them !
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Interesting how this thread about how fast MT's are turned into MT vs. Truggy toughness.

I'll say I've broken them all. MT's, truggy's, buggy's, SCT's, stadium, micro's. mini's, on-road, crawlers, 2wd, 4wd, planes, heli's, boats...... but I love to wrench!

Old 02-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
I Agree MT's are fun ! however for me they were always breaking, so that really took the fun out of them for me... Plan a day of bashing only to spend 3/4 of it wrenching on my tailgate...We would go out with 3 or 4 guys and it was really rare for all of us to have our trucks running at the same time.... when you factor in all the money and time spent trying to keep a MT in operating condition it gets tiring after a while..several of my buddies left RC because of how much wrenching and parts the MT's consumed.... Once I switched to truggy was when I really started to enjoy the hobby..I could spend all day bashing and ripping and next to no time on my tailgate wrenching.......Yes MT's can be a pile of fun, but for me the lack of reliability and constant wrenching far outweighed any fun I had with them when they were running....... I have had every major MT on the market, had the very first release of the T-Maxx when it was released and over the years have had multiples of each one.... I do love running MT's, but I absolutely hate fixxing them !

totally agree w/ this even i during the time that i still uses MT's it's really rare that everytime i arrive at home its impossible that my MT's would not break a single parts. but in my truggy no matter what you will do it wont listen to your adrenalin of brutallity.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default fastest

Hey Maximo, As I originally posted when I started this thread, what is the fastest stock MT you ever had? While I have you here, what is the fastest modded engine you've created for a MT? I see alot of posts saying how people are getting out Nitro...what is your take on all that malarkey?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

From what ive tested, there are a few ones on top that are almost as fast eachother..., the revo 3.3 got the lead for the MTs, will run 42-45mph average, t-maxx 3.3 41-44mph, MGT 8.0 42mph, savage X .28 K4.6 40mph, about 40mph for LST2, other example ofna .32 truggy mutilator 32-34mph, Firestorm .18 40mph etc.. thats a few of stock cars i tested on radar...

Some have more potential than other though...

Quickest engine ive ran is a drag modified OS.28, got us 75mph out of revolast summer, i still have some test to do with a last gearing change next summer...
Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waller2010
Hey Maximo, As I originally posted when I started this thread, what is the fastest stock MT you ever had? While I have you here, what is the fastest modded engine you've created for a MT? I see alot of posts saying how people are getting out Nitro...what is your take on all that malarkey?
Because nitro can not compete with electric, plain and simple. People can go on all they want about bashing electric, or how they want the sound and smell, whatever, but electric is much higher performance than nitro, plain and simple.

Yeah, with nitro, just fuel and go. Except you still had to charge your glow warmer, and your starter box, and your receiver pack. And carry a screwdriver for tuning, and maybe some extra airfilters that you had to clean and oil, and carry a glow plug wrench and an extra glow plug or two. Along with your fuel bottle, and fuel.

I had to charge one battery, and I was good to go
Old 03-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nitro will always have the cool factor and will always be able to pull non-rc people into a crowd better, but electric RULES now.

I like being able to plug my rigs into my laptop and tweak the performance. That's hard to beat.

I went to the track to practice yesterday and all I took was 3 RC vehicles, 1 radio and a bag full of lipos. Nice.

All of my vehicles are brushless or have been converted to brushless.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Over_revO
From what ive tested, there are a few ones on top that are almost as fast eachother..., the revo 3.3 got the lead for the MTs, will run 42-45mph average, t-maxx 3.3 41-44mph, MGT 8.0 42mph, savage X .28 K4.6 40mph, about 40mph for LST2, other example ofna .32 truggy mutilator 32-34mph, Firestorm .18 40mph etc.. thats a few of stock cars i tested on radar...

Some have more potential than other though...

Quickest engine ive ran is a drag modified OS.28, got us 75mph out of revolast summer, i still have some test to do with a last gearing change next summer...
The LST XXL clocks in at between 45-50mph on the radar. One gentleman clocked in at 52mph on a stock XXL.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by waller2010
The Picco 28 is my fastest pullstart 28......tho I have done some OS 28 pullstart conversions that were missiles, but they cost a fortune to make......

Nitro is not going anywhere....Watch any 1/8 RC racing and you will see electric is a tiny class compared to nitro...and not only smaller but the electrics are also slower on the track.....Nobody cares about electrics in racing, everyone still wants to watch and run nitro.....Not only is the nitro faster on the track, it also more reliable... I just watched the Nitro challenge and there were far more DNS and DNF in the electric classes then there were in the nitro's....The 1/8 electrics do not have the reliability that the nitro's do and IMO electrics are not gaining in popularity nearly as fast as some of the BL chest beaters would have you believe......

Regardless my nitro's in race trim will blow the doors off the electrics in race trim...We drag race them all the time and my mod nitros usually put a hurtin on the BL machines... ( keep in mind there are battery regulations on race BL)
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Waller
I have owned a lot of nitro and electric and the question you gotta ask yourself is are you a gearhead..gearheads like to get their hands dirty and love to tune a motor that can't b tuned.. while the frustration is still their cause of the maitnance at times, the satisfaction of fixing it is very rewarding..I still love me some brushless though...I mean 60,000 rpms is insane and at will torque is always desirable, but the feeling of a overhaul/rebuild I get on a scale engine or swappin a p/s/r for a fresh pinch on a nitro is therapeutic.. W/ that said I know this thread is not nitro against brushless..I just saw that you have never owned a nitro, and I thought you would like a point of view on the matter... I like them all but my savage xl,and my losi xxl have been the elite in durability/speed overall in my experience w/ 1/8 scale..

take care and good luck w/ your search
Old 03-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
+1 Feelings the same.....its a blast tho!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.