Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fastest stock 1/8 nitro monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Yeah I mean, the original poster brought up the Losi 8ight.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waller2010
I'll need to add a nitro to my arsenal
No..... No, you really don't need to
Old 01-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Nitro

I know I don't really need to persay but I've yet to own a nitro and believe that the experience would only better my understanding of how things work.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

From someone who had all of the above, they all break. Mt have shorter arms which make them a lil tougher than buggy or truggy. But with this also comes the added weight of a MT that puts more stress on consumable parts.I had a savage and it was a total tank. Nothing I ever did broke it.
Moved on to a Tamiya tnx. Total breakage heaven. Then to Losi 2.0 buggy. Great car. But I did snap a few things.That doesn't mean they are brittle, just that I couldnt drive worth poo. Then onto a kyosho truggy. 1 broken arm and a stripped steering block. Not to shabby for a season of racing.
If I were to be bashing and not racing, I would probably go with the MT also. Cheaper, just as durable, just as fun. So I don't think it really matters a whole heck of a lot what you choose.......just have fun
Old 02-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Red face

Lol. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut. Regardless. The mts are stronger. I sold that revo along time ago btw. I now have 2 lst's and a cen nemesis. I am not defending the revo. I am trying to help newbies understand that the truggys are not meant for that sort of thing. Lets see the truggy has flat single chassis with a rear brace usually and most mt's usually have two with bracing in between. Why is that? Must be something. Ne ways. Defend your buggys and truggys. They are nice and strong.just not as strong as a mt.have a good day.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Buggies, Truggies, Monster Trucks, Short-Course Trucks...

I BREAK THEM ALL!!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If I remember correctly, wasn't the old XTM Mammoth one of the fastest out of the box, something like 50mph+? I can't even remember if they are still being made.

As far as the Truggy thing goes, anyone on here who knows me (especially got_nitro) knows that I am not a big fan of them. Basically all it boils down to is that I like to drive vehicles that look somewhat close to scale, and slapping a huge wing on a Monster Truck just doesn't seem right to me. Especially the low profile tires, God I hate those too.. . Nothing wrong with better traction I guess, but since when did pimps ride in a Monster Truck? Just me though.

Now if you want to build a speed monster, any truck can do it so long as it is lightweight, geared to the moon, and has an engine that can spool its way there on its own as well (read CRAZY HIGH RPM!!). There are a few here who have gotten Revo's to grab over 70mph, and thats probably the fastest a MT will get as a nitro. Who knows?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Well I never said the truggies and buggies are designed for hard bashing. They're designed for racing. All I said was I know of several buggies that can handle that type of abuse.

I also didn't say it was a truggy and I didn't say that MT's can't handle it, LOL

I don't think a truggy would last as long as a buggy would bashing. And yes the MT is designed for bashing.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

It's all good. I break them all too!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

heres the deal with the moster trucks and speed none of them stock are blazing fast but u can make them hit 60+ with the right set up... I have a mgt 8.0 with an axial .28 rr thats set upfor short track racing and still goes 45..

Now dont get caught up in horsepower or size of motor...5hp trucks usually are low end torque...the 454 losi is a lrp motor which is solid but id upgrade to the lrp spec 3... Hpi has a 3speed savage xl with overdrive that makes it 16% faster than stock 3 speed savage. id go with a lrp spec 3 in a savage xxl with a shorter tuned pipe of your choosing....easily will break 60…. Just bought my dad a savage xxl roller.. also smaller clutch and spur gear will add mph to your truck plus i guarantee you can do all that 4 for under 450$ rtr with new motor tranny ect... 600 if u want the 2.4 ghz controller.. Nitro is for someone who loves to tune electric is for lazy people who don’t enjoy getting their hands dirty. Just be careful in choosing an engine the mgt 8.0motor is garbage but the truck is solid brand new 500$.. Losi xxl is close to 700$ rtr brand new. Look for a roller savage with a xxl 3 speed and put whatever motor you want in. Just remember that bigger doesn’t always mean faster the higher the rpm the more top end speed…Also go for an engine that has parts readily available some engines are nearly impossible to find parts for. Last but not least take your time do your research the guys that hate nitro are the people who rushed into it and did absolutely no research and expects the truck to run as consistently as electric

Last edited by NickD; 02-01-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Yeah I mean, the original poster brought up the Losi 8ight.
Got_nitro already reminded me, thank you, I forgot that.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

I have owned Mt's, buggies (nitro and electric) and truggies. I will agree with the posts that said racing is harder on an rc. For those who have not raced, go to a track and you WILL find the weak points of your rc.

I also agree that buggies and truggies are tougher than monster trucks. Monsters can run anywhere and are lots of fun, but truggies will go pretty much the same places (unless you are rock climbing), and do it faster and with less drama. That is what makes them kind of boring though.

You would be surprised at how buggies can go over terrain that you would think would stop them dead.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have an mgt 8.0, savage x 4.6, savage xl, and a muggy. The fastest of them all was the 8.0, until I put the 3 speed and different spur gear in the savage x. The muggy is cool but not that fast unless you put small tires on it. I had a revo 3.3 but it was too slow and not so fun to drive. The poster that complained about the tune on the 8.0 is spot on, it is a pain to tune. The savage handles the high speed better than the mgt since the mgt weighs close to 15 pounds and rolls over real easily where the savage will slide more being so light.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml
I have owned Mt's, buggies (nitro and electric) and truggies. I will agree with the posts that said racing is harder on an rc. For those who have not raced, go to a track and you WILL find the weak points of your rc.

I also agree that buggies and truggies are tougher than monster trucks. Monsters can run anywhere and are lots of fun, but truggies will go pretty much the same places (unless you are rock climbing), and do it faster and with less drama. That is what makes them kind of boring though.

You would be surprised at how buggies can go over terrain that you would think would stop them dead.

i agree with that buggies and truggies are tougher than monster trucks. i have a losi 8ight t and a losi xxl and a losi lst2 all were nitro all changed to brushless. the xxl and lst2 are basically the same but they break kinda easy sometimes the truggy i haven't really ever broken it and i have given it a harder time than either of my monster trucks. as to racing is harder on a vechile than bashing i am not to sure some of the things i have hit/tired to jump bashing you would not find near a track. in saying that i have never raced but have used the local track alot with mates. that is my thoughts anyway.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml

2nd to that. before i was into nitro MT'S coz i dont like the looks of the truggy before i had a revo3.3, losi aftershok mgt 8.0and kyosho mfr and for me of all the four mt's its the kyosho mfr that stands out of the four you will be amaze what this truck could do from the rest. by the time i bought my 5th rc i decided to give a shot w/ the truggy w/c is the hongnor X2 truggy and all i can say is that this thing outclass all my MT'S in all departmnt.truggies are really a beauty in a beast!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.