Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
any suggestions ???? >

any suggestions ????

any suggestions ????

Old 01-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? any suggestions ????

Hi guys I have some questions for you...

Ok so I have a losi xxl great truck. The problems start with the steering sirvos I don't know if both or one is junk. When the power is on the truck and I turn it it turn fine going right but when I turn it left it takes forever or won't really turn at all.

The second problem is when I got the truck running. The receiver on the truck gets real glichie and my stealing sirvos glich real bad and I have not steering at all until I flick the receiver then I get control over the truck again. Would anybody know what would be causing this problem??? Would it be a bad connection somewhere or a bad receiver pack???

The last question not a problem. Can I up grade my batteries in the truck dj I can get longer run times. I don't know if three tanks is good before the batteries in the truck die. But I'm kinda tired of wateing 3 or so hours for the truck to be fully charged. So if anyone has any suggestion on what the problem could be it would be much appreciated. Thanks to all who respond..
Old 01-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh View Post
Hi guys I have some questions for you...

Ok so I have a losi xxl great truck. The problems start with the steering sirvos I don't know if both or one is junk. When the power is on the truck and I turn it it turn fine going right but when I turn it left it takes forever or won't really turn at all...
Dual steering servos fight each other, they never turn/function at the exact rate, the fix is a single high torque servo. You could also have one bad one, the Y connector is bad or you might have some binding in your bell crank/whole front end.

The second problem is when I got the truck running. The receiver on the truck gets real glichie and my stealing sirvos glich real bad and I have not steering at all until I flick the receiver then I get control over the truck again. Would anybody know what would be causing this problem??? Would it be a bad connection somewhere or a bad receiver pack???..
Bad crystal, kink in the antenna wire, bad RX, bad TX bad servo or cold solder joint. Finding the problem is a process of elimination. Take and figure out the problems one at a time until you find it.

The last question not a problem. Can I up grade my batteries in the truck dj I can get longer run times. I don't know if three tanks is good before the batteries in the truck die. But I'm kinda tired of wateing 3 or so hours for the truck to be fully charged. So if anyone has any suggestion on what the problem could be it would be much appreciated. Thanks to all who respond..
This could be a bunch of things too. Bad connections, a short somewhere or just a bad pack. You should be getting much more run time then 3 tanks. A short could be in your RX, a servo ETC.. All a process of elimination.

If it was mine, I would start at a good high torque steering servo (you want one anyway) and make sure there is no binding. I would move to a new (more mah)RX pack and try a different RX.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by got_nitro View Post
Dual steering servos fight each other, they never turn/function at the exact rate, the fix is a single high torque servo. You could also have one bad one, the Y connector is bad or you might have some binding in your bell crank/whole front end.

Bad crystal, kink in the antenna wire, bad RX, bad TX bad servo or cold solder joint. Finding the problem is a process of elimination. Take and figure out the problems one at a time until you find it.

This could be a bunch of things too. Bad connections, a short somewhere or just a bad pack. You should be getting much more run time then 3 tanks. A short could be in your RX, a servo ETC.. All a process of elimination.

If it was mine, I would start at a good high torque steering servo (you want one anyway) and make sure there is no binding. I would move to a new (more mah)RX pack and try a different RX.
Hey thanks once again nitro..

I knew there might have been a issue with something. The funny thing is after I flick the receiver it works or when it kart wheels it works even better ..

Let me ask you this. You responded to my tire and rim one. Could it or would it be because tire mass because the rims and tires are huge and I don't know if that would be the problem. Well I plain on putting teck 5 with trenches on it

Should I go for a single steering servo?? Because I'm not a big fan on the duel servos. What's the point of them??? What would be a strong enough single servo to turn this massive truck?? Thanks for the reply and to all who help...

Before I forget and this might help narrow down the problem or not. When I got the truck fired up and moving it would Probley be 20 feet from me and I would get no receiver message on my remote and whala no steering no break or throttle. Hope this helps narrow it down. This don't happens every day tho....

Last edited by doug e fresh; 01-03-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey thanks once again nitro..

I knew there might have been a issue with something. The funny thing is after I flick the receiver it works or when it kart wheels it works even better ..

Let me ask you this. You responded to my tire and rim one. Could it or would it be because tire mass because the rims and tires are huge and I don't know if that would be the problem. Well I plain on putting teck 5 with trenches on it ....
Tires and wheels are probably the biggest reason servos either crap out or strip gears, ESP. plastic gear servos. That along with any kind of binding in the steering line. Any kind of drag on a servo cuts the life. That and driving styles, holes, jumps what have you ETC...

Should I go for a single steering servo?? Because I'm not a big fan on the duel servos. What's the point of them??? What would be a strong enough single servo to turn this massive truck?? Thanks for the reply and to all who help.......
As I mentioned in my last post, dual servos fight each other, they are not perfectly turning with each other at the exact same time. A single high torque metal gear servo is more precise and stronger. You will probably have to up-grade to a H/D servo saver too.

Before I forget and this might help narrow down the problem or not. When I got the truck fired up and moving it would Probley be 20 feet from me and I would get no receiver message on my remote and whala no steering no break or throttle. Hope this helps narrow it down. This don't happens every day tho....
That dosen't "narrow" anything down, thats about as vague as one could be

Replace your servos with a single high torque MG servo, I like Savox and JR, can't stand Hitec. Try a different RX and get yourself a new RX battery pack, I like the orion marathon 1900mah.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by got_nitro View Post
Tires and wheels are probably the biggest reason servos either crap out or strip gears, ESP. plastic gear servos. That along with any kind of binding in the steering line. Any kind of drag on a servo cuts the life. That and driving styles, holes, jumps what have you ETC...

As I mentioned in my last post, dual servos fight each other, they are not perfectly turning with each other at the exact same time. A single high torque metal gear servo is more precise and stronger. You will probably have to up-grade to a H/D servo saver too.

That dosen't "narrow" anything down, thats about as vague as one could be

Replace your servos with a single high torque MG servo, I like Savox and JR, can't stand Hitec. Try a different RX and get yourself a new RX battery pack, I like the orion marathon 1900mah.
thanks a lot nitro. You have been and big help and I do much appreciate your imput.

I think I'm going to take your advice and go with a single servo. Let me as you this were should I mount that servo???? I'm not a big fan of the servo being under the truck.. once again thanks for your imput its a big help with what's going on with my truck...