Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Stock T-Maxx carb settings >

Stock T-Maxx carb settings

Stock T-Maxx carb settings

Old 12-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Stock T-Maxx carb settings

Hey guys I am new to the rc world, but I have a 2.5 T Maxx and its not shifting into 2nd gear I bought this rc used to I am going to try and tune this to stock settings and see if that works before anything else. I just need the stock settings very detailed.Thanks
Old 12-31-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I believe it is supposed to be set with the high speed needle out four turns from closed, low speed needle flush with the carb slide, and 1mm carb gap opening. If you're not sure what all that means then its probably time to go download the manual from the Traxxas website and maybe search google for more info on tuning nitro carbs.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bomicheal
Hey guys I am new to the rc world, but I have a 2.5 T Maxx and its not shifting into 2nd gear I bought this rc used to I am going to try and tune this to stock settings and see if that works before anything else. I just need the stock settings very detailed.Thanks
+1 to exactly what Quick said.

Funny thing about your post is that you knew/know to tune the carb to get it to shift, and yet you are a noob to nitro/R/C. The engine does have to hit a certain RPM before the trans will shift, you must have been doing alot of reading.

4 out on the HSN and 1-1/2 out or flush with the throttle horn LSN is the exact factory settings. Those settings are on the rich side for break in purposes so you might find yourself leaning it out a bit to get it to shift.

Never touch your shift point adjustments in the trans until you know your tune is perfect.

EDIT:: If you have to turn the needles in to turn them back out finding the factory settings, don't be a gorilla about it. You can bend the needles thus never finding a good tune.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, guys and I know a little about rc cars but still a noob, I didn't want to come off like I know a lot about them so I still say that I'm a noob. Thanks
Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bomicheal
Thanks, guys and I know a little about rc cars but still a noob, I didn't want to come off like I know a lot about them so I still say that I'm a noob. Thanks
If you go on the Traxxas website and go to the T-Maxx Classic page you will find a downloads section. Here you can get the original owners manual that contains the default carb settings as well as a ton of other information. There are exploded views, parts lists, etc. available for download as well.