R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   Stock T-Maxx carb settings (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/466305-stock-t-maxx-carb-settings.html)

Bomicheal 12-30-2010 09:53 PM

Stock T-Maxx carb settings

Hey guys I am new to the rc world, but I have a 2.5 T Maxx and its not shifting into 2nd gear I bought this rc used to I am going to try and tune this to stock settings and see if that works before anything else. I just need the stock settings very detailed.Thanks

quick5pnt0 12-31-2010 06:24 AM

I believe it is supposed to be set with the high speed needle out four turns from closed, low speed needle flush with the carb slide, and 1mm carb gap opening. If you're not sure what all that means then its probably time to go download the manual from the Traxxas website and maybe search google for more info on tuning nitro carbs.

got_nitro 12-31-2010 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bomicheal (Post 8413724)
Hey guys I am new to the rc world, but I have a 2.5 T Maxx and its not shifting into 2nd gear I bought this rc used to I am going to try and tune this to stock settings and see if that works before anything else. I just need the stock settings very detailed.Thanks

+1 to exactly what Quick said.

Funny thing about your post is that you knew/know to tune the carb to get it to shift, and yet you are a noob to nitro/R/C. The engine does have to hit a certain RPM before the trans will shift, you must have been doing alot of reading.

4 out on the HSN and 1-1/2 out or flush with the throttle horn LSN is the exact factory settings. Those settings are on the rich side for break in purposes so you might find yourself leaning it out a bit to get it to shift.

Never touch your shift point adjustments in the trans until you know your tune is perfect.

EDIT:: If you have to turn the needles in to turn them back out finding the factory settings, don't be a gorilla about it. You can bend the needles thus never finding a good tune.

Bomicheal 12-31-2010 07:30 AM

Thanks, guys and I know a little about rc cars but still a noob, I didn't want to come off like I know a lot about them so I still say that I'm a noob. Thanks

JatoTheRipper 01-01-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bomicheal (Post 8414849)
Thanks, guys and I know a little about rc cars but still a noob, I didn't want to come off like I know a lot about them so I still say that I'm a noob. Thanks

If you go on the Traxxas website and go to the T-Maxx Classic page you will find a downloads section. Here you can get the original owners manual that contains the default carb settings as well as a ton of other information. There are exploded views, parts lists, etc. available for download as well.