savage flux 2350 >

savage flux 2350

savage flux 2350

Old 12-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default savage flux 2350

so im thinkingof getting a savage flux
driven plenty of these things and the fun factor is tops..
what is holding me back is when my mate owned one he blew his diffs ( 2350 already comes with bulletproof ones..)
and his pinion always came loose , it just sucked
also ive seen a lot of warrantys working in a hobby store for speedys blowing when put on 6s ,but the 2350 isnt MMM , and says 4s only? what system is it? has it still got the same power as the normal flux on 4s?
money is just a bit of an issue...
thanks
Old 12-21-2010, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I don't personally own one, WANT ONE REAL BAD! But the Savage 2350 is supposed to be a little faster on 4s then its bigger brother on 4s. Castle makes HPIs electronics so Im under the imoression the the ESC is a Mamba Max PRO which can handle 6s, but the motor isnt a "relabeled" castle anything thats already out. It is designed for the FLUX 2350. Ive been reading on them as the FLUX HP would be outta my range and I only run 4s. ^s is really unneeded IMO. Just way to much for a MT. I think 40mph is fine and it doesnt kill my drivetrain. But from what Ive read the diffs, chassie and general makeup of the truck is the same. Just cheaper radio and smaller electronics.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

The Flux 2350 runs the MM Pro based ESC which is far more reliable than the MMM based ESC in the larger flux.

Bulletproof Diffs are just that.

Stock pinion sucks, too soft, change it out for a Robinson Racing pinion and RED loctite the thing.

Or do yourself a favour and save your pennys a bit more, grab a Traxxas Summit and put a BL in that. Had a Flux, have a Summit now, and it's by far a tougher truck.

Statement retracted, the Summit is NOT as strong as the Savage

Last edited by nexxus; 10-06-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Yea, a brushless Summit would be sick! But about twice your cost of a 2350 Flux. Maybe a brushless Maxx? Theres a nice roller on here for $250 and he said he would make it brushless RTR for $350
Old 12-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Pinions coming loose is something that's easily fixed with some motor spray and loctite.

I have a Flux HP (FLM XL) that will be 3 yrs and 350+runs old in March running MMM and a mix of 4S, 5S and 6S lipo. I've worn out a few pinions and busted an ear off front skid plate, but have not had any other trouble with mine. Replaced a bunch of slipper parts though, seems to be the weak spot. I'm going to try that Kershaw slipper thing and see if its any better than stock sedign.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So the 2350 is MM pro based? I did not know that and it is rated for 4s too? Hmmmm. its also like 150 cheaper or even cheaper too.

I'm in the market for a MT and I finally decided on the Savage Flux. Way too many people just rave over how they beat the truck to hell and back and only a few minor probs. I do seem to see that more probs come when using 6s. That just seems too much for any MT no matter how tough it is. Based on that its the Savage Flux for me with good quality 2s lipos for me.

Seeing some of the vids of the Flux on 6s doing standing backflips is cool but I like crazy speed with good control nit outta control speed.

Last edited by el_Fernando; 12-21-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

2350 uses a MM Pro. Castle has said its limited in the Flux application to 4S.

I'd get the Flux HP, it has options the 2350 doesn't have and comes with a 2.4radio, 2350 has the orig FM that the Flux HP used to come with.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Duster_360
2350 uses a MM Pro. Castle has said its limited in the Flux application to 4S.

I'd get the Flux HP, it has options the 2350 doesn't have and comes with a 2.4radio, 2350 has the orig FM that the Flux HP used to come with.
Word. I'm sold on the Flux for sure. If I ever what to get froggy and go 6s then at least I have that option.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The 2350 also uses cheaper magnets in the motor and simply won't take anything beyond 4S and some peeps have been having heat issues with it. Read this thread I started for some good incite on the 2350 hardware.

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27745

The 2350 Flux will still do standing backflips with good Lipos, and it does go slightly faster then the HP due to the higher kv rated motor, but not a whole lot and the 4S limited motor and ESC limits your breathing room as well which probably explains why some peeps have heat issues with the 2350 can.

I personally really want the black/blue body color scheme from the 2350 on my HP, but thats just me
Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
The Flux 2350 runs the MM Pro based ESC which is far more reliable than the MMM based ESC in the larger flux.

Oh Christ man, give it a rest. Were sick of hearing about it....
Old 12-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nexxus

Bulletproof Diffs are just that.

Stock pinion sucks, too soft, change it out for a Robinson Racing pinion and RED loctite the thing.

Or do yourself a favour and save your pennys a bit more, grab a Traxxas Summit and put a BL in that. Had a Flux, have a Summit now, and it's by far a tougher truck.
HA HA HA HA HA HA! You are one funny dude!
Old 12-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have one as I am a casual RC guy and love it. I have had no problems except losing a wheel nut and the wheel fell off. I dont think I tightened it enough.

It is plenty fast for a monster truck and I have sent it tumbling many times only for it to land on its tires and keep going!

I would recommend to friend. Get it at tower with the $60 off membership
Old 12-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jms493
I have one as I am a casual RC guy and love it. I have had no problems except losing a wheel nut and the wheel fell off. I dont think I tightened it enough.

It is plenty fast for a monster truck and I have sent it tumbling many times only for it to land on its tires and keep going!

I would recommend to friend. Get it at tower with the $60 off membership
Yeah I saw that. FREE shipping too and no sales tax. It comes out to a better price than FLEAbay. That's where I'll get mine in a few weeks.