Snow traction?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

A few days ago I was cruising my Revo on a frozen lake I fish at during the spring/summer and it was doing pretty good .. I find great traction in the snow/ice with the model 4910 T-Maxx Wheels coupled to the extra weight of aluminum a-arms/knuckles plus a few other parts..I also disassembled both of my revos diff housings and stuffed in place of the liquidy diff fluid some thick stiff grease which helps alot with hook and grab..My Revo is powered by a Sirio.27 with hardened steel bell ,hardened spur gear,steel drive axleshafts...

Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

another vote for stock clod tires, they work really well in the snow and still ride nice on the street.

locking the diffs will help traction wilth hills but then your turning radius is awfull.

even with the best tires if you put down too much power they are going to spin in the snow.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is my snow traction - I run the Proline Sand Paws on my Stampede and Slash - they have great traction on hard pack snow on the street as well as loose snow. too much power and they do dig fast -

Video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEBt3vlmpVg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e-5w5ZXCiU