Stampede 4x4 VXL

Old 10-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL?

Another rehashed "new" design from Traxxas

Last edited by Freezebyte; 10-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Where did you find this? No mention of it on their site.

Should be an interesting truck, so now when it pops wheelies all 4 will be spinning
Old 10-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://www.facebook.com/xtremerc

Traxxas is the Wal-Mart of the RC community. Crap loads of cheap of american designed, chinese made RC products sold for a low price point with tons of marketing that excites and convinces everyone to buy their products that are at best, decent as a jack of all trades and good at none of them with substandard product quality.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What kills me is that Traxxas is now apparently available at your local Pep-Boys now. So when people go in to get cheap-o stereo equipment, they can get an r/c.

Ah I see a brushed version of the rally car too.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

I personally like Traxxas rigs for bashing but the Pede has been a useless POS from the beginning. Now they want to charge $300+ for one?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

it is based on the slash 4x4 but with upright shocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hsWmRrudDc&feature=sub

and heres the cute little summit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3zsdQBwBj8&feature=sub

stampedes are tiny, can't really compare it to a revo or flux, a lot of people will love them though
Old 10-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That Stampede is interesting, should be a fun basher.

I'm not a fan of 1/16 scale stuff, but that Summit would be the one to get me in to it. Can you imagine a race held like the ATV 4x4 races with "logs" and such to climb over all throughout the track? I think that could get kinda fun.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I personally like Traxxas and the markets they go after. However, to me a VXL 4WD Stampede seems pointless. Especially since Traxxas already has the EREVO and BL EMAXX in its product offering.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

He he, you guys who only race think that anyone who doesnt race is "inferior" or something. I have 2 stampedes and LOVE them. Just because its not a 1/8 buggy or truggy doesnt mean its not a great truck. Traxxas stuff is durable and the day is long, easy to buy and own, easy to fix and get parts for and can be run by anyone.

And, thank goodness traxxas makes the products they do. How else would kids out there get into RC easily, then get addicted and want to try racing... how else would this sport/hobby advance if not for the entry level stuff. Never let yourself forget that its not the elite few racers who carry the sport, but the thousands of bashers out there buying the lower end stuff that funds the development of the high end race buggies you guys run every day.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
He he, you guys who only race think that anyone who doesnt race is "inferior" or something. I have 2 stampedes and LOVE them. Just because its not a 1/8 buggy or truggy doesnt mean its not a great truck. Traxxas stuff is durable and the day is long, easy to buy and own, easy to fix and get parts for and can be run by anyone.

And, thank goodness traxxas makes the products they do. How else would kids out there get into RC easily, then get addicted and want to try racing... how else would this sport/hobby advance if not for the entry level stuff. Never let yourself forget that its not the elite few racers who carry the sport, but the thousands of bashers out there buying the lower end stuff that funds the development of the high end race buggies you guys run every day.
Not really sure who you're referring to here. I never said Traxxas sucks. In fact I said they are great bashers. I own a Revo conversion myself and once finished will love it. I've owned more Traxxas products than many people and will continue to buy them. I just think the Pede has always sucked. The high CG, 2wd, oversized tires, and ugly looks just made it useless on the track and pointless to truly bash. I'm not talking about the front yard, maybe some small rocks bashing. The 4x4 I would assume does the "real" bashing a lot better and who knows, I may pick up a used roller one day to test out. Will be interesting to see what else they come out with.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vstrok View Post
I personally like Traxxas and the markets they go after. However, to me a VXL 4WD Stampede seems pointless. Especially since Traxxas already has the EREVO and BL EMAXX in its product offering.

Just my 2 cents...
The E revo and E maxx, both require 2 battery pack's and 1/8th scale electronics. The 4x4 Stampede is going to allow people to have a 4x4 monster truck with less operating cost. More runtime with less chargers, and charge time needed to run. If you ask me the E maxx is the one that just became useless. The E revo can just be the next step up from the 4x4 Stampede.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Fully agree Major Pede... this seems like the missing link in the product line IMO.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
Fully agree Major Pede... this seems like the missing link in the product line IMO.
+1
Old 10-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

This mini summit looks cool. I had the Mini Slash and it was fast and fun but the Summit looks like it could still run over some pretty tough terrain.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Did it say if the Mini Summit would have locking diffs? That truck definitely looks cool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service