R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   Summit e-revo or flux? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/454738-summit-e-revo-flux.html)

didrace 11-21-2010 04:09 PM

Summit e-revo or flux?

I will be bashing in a park in London mainly.. the park has mostly jumps grass and maybe some rock crawling...

which one you think will be the best choice and why..

thanks..

have a nice day..

rtkota360 11-21-2010 05:20 PM

summit.....i think its the most versatile basher truck out there...waterproof,rockcrawl ability,"speed" with the 2speed tranny.

RCaddict0 11-21-2010 07:17 PM

REVO Brushless

RockHoundRC 11-22-2010 05:10 AM

If the rock crawling wasn't in the mix I would say the Flux. If you are wanting an all around truck I would have to go with the Summit. You can make a Summit faster, it is tougher to make a Revo or Flux crawl as good as the Summit.

RCaddict0 11-22-2010 05:48 AM

Yea...
The Summit with a MMM and 4s would be MaDnEsS! Sounds like my next project

didrace 11-22-2010 12:15 PM

Thanks for the replies..

when i change the summit into brushless will i have any problems?

some say the tires would be shaking other says it gets destroyed..mainly the gearbox and drivetrain..

mavrick0 11-26-2010 06:54 AM

The problem with the summit is if you forget that the diffs are locked or they don't unlock you can easily tear apart the driveshafts and the diff gears itself just with the 775, throw a high powered brushless system and it just makes it even worse. The stock tires are way to soft to handle any kind of speed or hard abuse. When I had mine on the first set of batteries they started tearing.

I've found that trying to combine two vehicles into one just doesn't do it. If you want to crawl by a crawler, if you want to bash buy a basher. I got rid of my summit and picked up a savage flux and haven't looked back.

nexxus 11-28-2010 06:31 PM

I found the Summit works well with the older E-Revo diffs (no T-Lock) and some heavier Diff Fluid (50k-100k) so you can crawl "most" things but still be able to run it as a basher as well. I've had an E-Revo BL, and a Savage Flux, both are great in terms of outright speed etc, but the Summit, while slower (even with a Dewalt Brushed motor) is probably the only truck I;'ve had that hasn;'t needed repairs or maintenance after every bash.

Crazycajun322 12-01-2010 06:26 PM

FLUXFLUXFLUXFLUXFLUXFLUXFLUX
It will never ever ever ever ever ever break, and its not a traxxas, so it wont break every time you hit the throttle.
OH, and dont get the flux 2350, its :weird::flaming:stupid. just hook up 6s on the flux hp, and it will fly

traxxasmichael 12-01-2010 07:17 PM

i am stuck between a rock and a hard place, i am not sure to get a summit or a revo 3.3. HELP!!!!!!!

Crazycajun322 12-01-2010 09:27 PM

Here's the bottom line. For doing cool things, summit is best because its the most versatile. For racing, the revo takes the cake. It was designed top to bottom for racing, ergo the internal shocks etc. But for bashing(this is what you will be doing), the flux is a monster. Just compare the two models side by side. Not an ounce of steel or aluminum in the tmaxx, but the flux has steel dogbones, aluminum chassis, etc.
FLUX

infokiz 12-08-2010 06:24 AM

Summit 100%

Nothing in my fleet puts a smile on my face when i run it like the Summit does:D