Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
newbie wanting to buy a emaxx need help >

newbie wanting to buy a emaxx need help

newbie wanting to buy a emaxx need help

Old 10-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

my first mt was an emaxx and I loved that thing its a very good choice....mine was brushed on 2 seven cells, that thing would hang the wheelie and I could shift it into second on the rear wheels ....lol...it was so mutch fun......lol...go for it .......!!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wats the pros and cons from 7 cell and lipos
Old 10-04-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn87 View Post
wats the pros and cons from 7 cell and lipos
7 cell NiMH batteries are cheaper than a 2 cell LiPo, but the top speed should be about the same overall, and you should get a more consistent feel from the LiPo battery. With a NiMH battery, you will always feel a constant loss of power right from the moment you start it up, but LiPo doesn't have that gradual and constant loss of performance over time, it stays at about full power all the way until it uses all of its capacity, then it slows down considerably. With that said, any serious electric guy is using a LiPo battery and it is very difficult to even get them to think about strapping in a NiMH one last time. LiPo batteries are just that good.

Also, most NiMH's won't do well if you try to use them more than once a day, so really you need to have a few sets of batteries if you want to run more than once on that day. And this can be fine and all, but when you start looking at it, most good chargers anymore are including the feature of being able to charge any type of battery you want, and the price of all of those NiMH's you bought to run all day is probably close to if not more than the price of a LiPo or two that will be able to be charged an unlimited amount of times during the day, plus you get more power (Its not a drastic power increase, but it is there)! Another plus of a LiPo is that they do not heat up much at all during charging or driving, so there is virtually no wait time between charging, running, and charging again. Ideally, it would be a good idea to give them a small break here and there, but it isn't completely necessary.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

Originally Posted by shawn87 View Post
hey guy my names shawn im for sydney australia
wat do u guys think about the traxxas emaxx brushless and brush edition

any help would be great thanks inadvance
gud day im rem a.k.a shock i have emaxx traxxas powered by novak brushless a very powerfull brushless combo that can throw your kit out, man just for personal reason i am selling this ready to run emaxx for 15,000 pesos or 350 U.S dollar. I CAN SHIP THE KIT TO YOU JUST PAY THE SHIPPING FEE. TNX and more power, god bless.

im from the philippines. manila