Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
want your e-maxx tor perform like a truggy? >

want your e-maxx tor perform like a truggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

want your e-maxx tor perform like a truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default want your e-maxx tor perform like a truggy?

Want your e-maxx to have a low center of gravity, not roll over, perform like a truggy, or even just look like a truggy?????? well there are only two steps you need to do. both steps involve the shocks.

STEP 1: take off all of your shocks, drain the oil (and save it), take the shocks apart and slide 1/2 inch pices (the bigger the pice the lower the truck) of fule tubing on the shock shafts to ack as limiters. put the shocks back together and refill them with oil.

STEP 2: you will now need to put the shocks back on. bellow are the arm and shock tower mounting locations for the reinstall of the shocks (follow directions for all 8 shocks).

ARM LOCATION: furthest hole from the center.

SHOCK TOWER LOCATION: closest hole to the center.

for an even lower stance look, move your body mount post to the lowest setting (highest screw hole on the body mount post).
Old 08-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroader3
Want your e-maxx to have a low center of gravity, not roll over, perform like a truggy, or even just look like a truggy?????? well there are only two steps you need to do. both steps involve the shocks.

STEP 1: take off all of your shocks, drain the oil (and save it), take the shocks apart and slide 1/2 inch pices (the bigger the pice the lower the truck) of fule tubing on the shock shafts to ack as limiters. put the shocks back together and refill them with oil.

STEP 2: you will now need to put the shocks back on. bellow are the arm and shock tower mounting locations for the reinstall of the shocks (follow directions for all 8 shocks).

for an even lower stance look, move your body mount post to the lowest setting (highest screw hole on the body mount post).

Fuel tube in shocks and moving them to the outer most holes on the a-arms and towers is nothing new. The e-maxx is nothing like a truggy what so ever. I don't care what you do to it. In fact I owned one a while ago, it was a great basher but up againsed a truggy it looks foolish for even being on the same dirt. Look like a truggy with a truggy lid on it perhaps, perform like a truggy, never.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just curious how do you make the Tmaxx turn like a truggy. I understand you lowered it. Nothing new. have you ever driven a truggy? if so you will know a maxx can turn or be tuned to the degree of a truggy. do they even make sways for the maxx?
Old 08-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Fuel tube in shocks and moving them to the outer most holes on the a-arms and towers is nothing new. The e-maxx is nothing like a truggy what so ever. I don't care what you do to it. In fact I owned one a while ago, it was a great basher but up againsed a truggy it looks foolish for even being on the same dirt. Look like a truggy with a truggy lid on it perhaps, perform like a truggy, never.
aww, thats cute. i bet you feel like a big boy now for bashing somemoe over the internet. but in my opinion doing these mods to an 3905 e-maxx that already has a new extended wheel base makes it a hell of alot better suspention setup for running brushless than stock.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

aww, thats cute. i bet you feel like a big boy now for bashing somemoe over the internet. but in my opinion doing these mods to an 3905 e-maxx that already has a new extended wheel base makes it a hell of alot better suspention setup for running brushless than stock.

Bashing someone over the internet? What are you talking about? I dont need to flex keyboard muscles but it's obvious I struck a nerve with you. Facts are facts. I wasn't bashing you, I was keeping it real as I have owned both and still own a few truggys and know better is all.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MalicousIntent
Just curious how do you make the Tmaxx turn like a truggy. I understand you lowered it. Nothing new. have you ever driven a truggy? if so you will know a maxx can turn or be tuned to the degree of a truggy. do they even make sways for the maxx?
the t-maxx is different from the new e-maxx because the e-maxx has a 1" longer wheelbase that makes it more stable. a truggys wheelbase is usualy .5-1" longer than the new e-maxx. so when the e-maxx is lowered it has a simmilar stance. but the t-maxx would be to short. yes i have driven a truggy. yes they make sway bars for the maxx.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Making a truck handle better is one thing, but claiming it handles like a truggy?
Old 08-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Well the .5 to 1" is way freaking off... My truggy is a Z01-T so i decided to look it up its is 23" long. The brushless e-maxx is 20" inches long.. stock truggy height 8" stock emaxx. 9.8". so your .5" fuel tubing makes it still a bout an inch and a quarter taller and 3" inches shorter wheelbase. But whatever.. Go race with the truggys see how you do.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MalicousIntent
Well the .5 to 1" is way freaking off... My truggy is a Z01-T so i decided to look it up its is 23" long. The brushless e-maxx is 20" inches long.. stock truggy height 8" stock emaxx. 9.8". so your .5" fuel tubing makes it still a bout an inch and a quarter taller and 3" inches shorter wheelbase. But whatever.. Go race with the truggys see how you do.
the Z01-T's wheelbase is 14.5" the e-maxx wheelbase is 13.2" so a little over 1" loner wheelbase. no big deal. and thats also why i said lower the body mounts all the way down. just measured my maxx and its almost exactly 7.75" tall. the arms on my maxx are just about level with the ground.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

the Z01-T's wheelbase is 14.5" the e-maxx wheelbase is 13.2" so a little over 1" loner wheelbase. no big deal. and thats also why i said lower the body mounts all the way down. just measured my maxx and its almost exactly 7.75" tall. the arms on my maxx are just about level with the ground.

Ok, we get it, you like your emaxx. I'll be the first one here that will recommend Emaxxs to ppl, but it is not even CLOSE to a Truggy.

We get it, you like to Troll. I'm now bored.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You people are rediculous, he we go bashing someone AGAIN.. he never ONCE said the emaxx WILL BE a truggy.. if you could read he CLEARLY (in the English language) said LIKE a truggy.

Is this not the same thing as when people come on here asking how to make there savage look/act like a truggy? Do they get bashed for it? HELL NO!

Jeez people, and you call him a troll?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

burn this thread.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Wow, I finally found a thread about the emaxx and the nerd swarm already came in and got all e-tough.

If I spent the money these people spend on their truggies I would probably take things like this thread personal too.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

nevermind

Last edited by swirlvike666; 08-30-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: decided to stay out of it
Old 08-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon
Wow, I finally found a thread about the emaxx and the nerd swarm already came in and got all e-tough.

If I spent the money these people spend on their truggies I would probably take things like this thread personal too.
Really picked up my truggy for $250 New un assembled cheaper than an ok used E-maxx so thats not the point.. The point is A lowed E-maxx is not a truggy. End of story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.