Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
want your e-maxx tor perform like a truggy? >

want your e-maxx tor perform like a truggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

want your e-maxx tor perform like a truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

LOL , Did Freezebyte get a T MAXX and change his screen name ?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by All4BSpinnin
You people are rediculous, he we go bashing someone AGAIN.. he never ONCE said the emaxx WILL BE a truggy.. if you could read he CLEARLY (in the English language) said LIKE a truggy.

Is this not the same thing as when people come on here asking how to make there savage look/act like a truggy? Do they get bashed for it? HELL NO!

Jeez people, and you call him a troll?
So is your sad attempt at defending somebody for being wrong.

Also, those ppl that make their Savages into bullets all KNOW they still won't handle like a truggy, but are spending 1000's on upgrades alone to get the best handling MT they can.

They aren't sticking fuel tubing and screwing in a part somewhere else then calling it a day and a truggy in the same sentence.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just for the hell of it post a pic of this e-maxx
Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any pictures to show your mod E-Maxx...?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have done pretty much the same thing to my t-maxx, except I didn't bother with the fuel tubing in the shocks. Yes it handles MUCH better like this, but still no truggy. It does handle on the track a lot better than before, but again it still slides the rear out pretty easily or just pushes like crazy, there is no in-between, and has a lot of body roll around turns. I really don't like the way it jumps setup like this, it bottoms so easily. Main problem there is that the chassis is not flat, so it gets hung up when it lands, it practically stops. 17mm adapters and truggy tires made the biggest improvement honestly. Here's what mine looks like.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I appreciate your honest evaluation good looking maxx. Do they make a variable damping kit for the maxx trucks. If so that might help.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's my e-maxx with the fuel tubing mod and slammed body and some Trinity blue heavy duty springs to keep from bottoming out on the big jumps. It's a bullet on 6s but will never have as low a cog or stick in the turns like a truggy. 1/8th scale wheels and a sway bar kit would further improve handling, and I did some tricks to make it turn sharper but at the end of the day it will always be a MONSTER TRUCK!

Build Thread Here
Old 08-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by melonpeel
I did some tricks to make it turn sharper but at the end of the day it will always be a MONSTER TRUCK!
And I would like to think that the OP understands that point. He never said it would perform as good or better than a truggy, he was just posting tips to make it handle a bit better. I suppose he really should have said "will handle more like a truggy" but I'm not splitting hairs here. I just think it is sad when people post tips to try to help others and the over-the-top enthusiast has to come in and tear the whole thing apart.

Take the OPs post for what it is: tips to make your emaxx go around a track a bit faster. I think we can all get behind that.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon
And I would like to think that the OP understands that point. He never said it would perform as good or better than a truggy, he was just posting tips to make it handle a bit better. I suppose he really should have said "will handle more like a truggy" but I'm not splitting hairs here. I just think it is sad when people post tips to try to help others and the over-the-top enthusiast has to come in and tear the whole thing apart.

Take the OPs post for what it is: tips to make your emaxx go around a track a bit faster. I think we can all get behind that.
You got some white stuff on your chin.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Unbelievable.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
WOW !
Old 08-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thread title.... """want your e-maxx to perform like a truggy?"""

Originally Posted by offroader3
Want your e-maxx to have a low center of gravity, not roll over, perform like a truggy, or even just look like a truggy?????.
Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon
Over the top? Hardly......

Your right though, he never did say it would perform as good as a truggy. Perform LIKE a truggy means it will perform just as good as a truggy. Like something is just as good.

#1 on Websters ""LIKE""= (of the same form, appearance, kind, character, amount, etc.

Oh yeah, did someone say (CLEARLY (in the English language) said LIKE a truggy)???

I think you need to re-read the thread title guy
Old 08-31-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by melonpeel
Here's my e-maxx with the fuel tubing mod and slammed body and some Trinity blue heavy duty springs to keep from bottoming out on the big jumps. It's a bullet on 6s but will never have as low a cog or stick in the turns like a truggy. 1/8th scale wheels and a sway bar kit would further improve handling, and I did some tricks to make it turn sharper but at the end of the day it will always be a MONSTER TRUCK!

Build Thread Here
Nice truck!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MalicousIntent
I appreciate your honest evaluation good looking maxx. Do they make a variable damping kit for the maxx trucks. If so that might help.
Thanks. I don't think they make one for the factory shocks at least. But that's ok, with my need to tinker, I have something in the works to make it really like a truggy..
Old 09-01-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think RPM makes a variable rate piston for Traxxas shocks, but I am pretty sure that they were for the Slash, and I am doubting the inner bore of the two vehicle's shocks are the same. If they were, what the RPM pistons offer is for you to run a thicker shock oil than usual so that you have some great pack on when loading the suspension, and then the variable rate kicks in when the suspension comes back up and acts like a much lighter oil. Or you could install the setup upside down so that the pack feels light, but you have heavy damping when the shocks extend back out. There was a guy on RCShortcourse.com who was playing with the theory for a while with some very decent results.

To be honest, I have a hard time understanding why we don't have variable rate pistons (even a dual rate piston would be nice let alone say a triple rate), combined with dual or triple rate progressive springs on our race vehicles for 1/8 buggies/truggies/MT's and other 1/10 racers. I know the bottom line is that the shock would probably have a harder learning curve to tuning, and that this concept is probably a little more expensive for companies to produce at even as small as 1/8. It is kind of unfortunate for me to think that, seeing as in the motocross world that I came from and with any offroad vehicle in the 1:1 world, there are so many adjustments available to us WITHOUT dissassembling a shock. You have adjustments like, low speed compression, low speed rebound, high speed compression, high speed rebound, and others. Now a shock like that would be amazing for RC, but I know for sure THAT particular idea is going to be way too expensive for RC. I'm just saying, you would be hard pressed to find a race quad or dirtbike to race with shocks that don't have those adjustments combined with a dual rate spring, and some even have triple rates, and I have seen a quad rate setup before.

My Savage works very well with a triple rate spring on the shock, so why wouldn't it work well with variable damping?? Too bad price of producing such a quality setup is probably well beyond us..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.