Wiki Posts
Search

Freeze's Savage Flux "Frostbyte II" build thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
Freezebyte what wheel's and tire's are you going with ? I have a brand new set of masher's fs if you'd like them , also have some hpi dirt claws and maximizer beadlock's... shoot me a pm if you are interested...
sent you a PM
Old 08-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Update: Thread details removed due to severe off topic arguments and impolite behavior.

Last edited by Freezebyte; 08-12-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Freezebyte
Sorry Casey, but in case you missed it, goal # 6 of my build states:

Impress and please no other people other then myself

That being the case, I'm speccing this build to my liking and desires, so if you were hoping for a pimped out bling bling ride with carbon fiber screws, I suggest you lower your expectations or look elsewhere

And that goes for anyone else who's getting hyped up to the extreme. Yes, I plan on making this build better then my first one. But better IN MY EYES only, on one else's. I'm not doing this as a popularity contest, sorry.

Thanks for the understanding.
A Flux with a skid plate was better than your last one :P
Old 08-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
sent you a PM
pm'ed ya back
Old 08-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Casey, why on EARTH would you buy $130-$150 on carbon fiber tVPs when you can buy TCS $20 5mm ones that will NEVER bend or break. Unless you are racing, it really won't matter or affect what you can do with the truck, or how durable it is. Sure if you have a huge wallet and want to spend that much to make your build look better, go for it. But most of the people in this hobby don't, and that extra $125 could go to a lot of other more useful things.

By the way, keep going Freeze, your build looks great. i just picked up my own savage flux, with basically the same things. RPM arms, TCS Chasis, badlands, mashers, Big bores, Shock socks, titanu=ium hinge pins, swaybar, and some other stuff.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Muggydude
Casey, why on EARTH would you buy $130-$150 on carbon fiber tVPs when you can buy TCS $20 5mm ones that will NEVER bend or break. Unless you are racing, it really won't matter or affect what you can do with the truck, or how durable it is. Sure if you have a huge wallet and want to spend that much to make your build look better, go for it. But most of the people in this hobby don't, and that extra $125 could go to a lot of other more useful things.

By the way, keep going Freeze, your build looks great. i just picked up my own savage flux, with basically the same things. RPM arms, TCS Chasis, badlands, mashers, Big bores, Shock socks, titanu=ium hinge pins, swaybar, and some other stuff.

Why not? The CF TVPS won't bend or break either unless you drop it from a 10 story building. TVPS are so strong just by design concepts, and the CF ones are THICK. Ask SavageSam, Bank, or any1 at HPISF who have them, they bash harder than all of you and have NEVER had a problem, with videos for proof.

CF not only serves as a beauty agent, it's extremely stiff and VERY light. Much more so than those 5mm TCS chassis plates. PLUS the TCS chassis plates are stock length.

This all coming from the guy with a CF Revo :P lol
Old 08-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Well, mayeb I am forgetting that it cost about the same price. maybe a little less. I'm not arguing that cf isn't better, just that if you don't have a bunch of cash to spend, the aluminum will almost just as well and the oney is better spent elsewhere.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Why not? The CF TVPS won't bend or break either unless you drop it from a 10 story building. TVPS are so strong just by design concepts, and the CF ones are THICK. Ask SavageSam, Bank, or any1 at HPISF who have them, they bash harder than all of you and have NEVER had a problem, with videos for proof.

CF not only serves as a beauty agent, it's extremely stiff and VERY light. Much more so than those 5mm TCS chassis plates. PLUS the TCS chassis plates are stock length.

This all coming from the guy with a CF Revo :P lol
Because with such a heavy truck by design, those carbon fiber plates make so much of a difference! Nevermind the fact that the tires alone are enough to negate the amount of weight you just saved on your carbon fiber plates.

Personally, I am not convinced. Carbon fiber on a Savage is like putting a fart can on a Cavalier, it seemingly has some sort of use to the buyer, but EVERYONE else is just left there asking, "Why?" It just doesn't make sense to me unless you are looking to have the most custom and most ready to race at the track. To most people that race monster trucks, it probably isn't their class of focus, just something to have fun with anyways.

Just my 2 pennies to drop.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Update: Thread details removed due to severe off topic arguments and impolite behavior.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Revo 3.3 Tyres on Geode Rims look sweet, but seriously dude, you think about this and procrastinate way too much. Put it back together and BASH it, when something breaks, upgrade it. Simple!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I like the tires that come with the Savage X. I think they were GT2's?

I have those tires on my Savage using Proline Velocity wide offset rims. They work very well, but I don't have a scale to weigh them. Decent traction, they don't appear to be that heavy, hexes haven't stripped in the 2 years that I have had them, and the wide offset helps with steering stability. I likey! Oh and nevermind that back shock on the front arm in the bottom picture, the screw backed out during a run and I didn't notice that was a pic before I put a new screw in.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by Freezebyte; 08-12-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Freezebyte
My big worry with going with an XL chassis was it would make "Frostbyte II" look to much like a truggy. . .
It's comments like this that make you compete with allb4spinnin for most idiotic person in the MT section...

And just when I thought you were getting a bit better...
Old 08-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It's comments like this that make you compete with allb4spinnin for most idiotic person in the MT sec

And just when I thought you were getting a bit better...
That's cool... and you are starting to become the most annoying
Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.