Wiki Posts
Search

Revo revving problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Revo revving problem

I have a Revo with the 3.3 that I got free but in an unknown condition. I got it running pretty well but could never get the idle down. I had a friend trying to get the idle right this weekend and got down to a good level but it wouldn't idle consistently. He felt it was an air leak issue and thought it might be the bearings. I took the engine out and couldn't get the front bearing out but it seemed ok. I put the engine back together and got the Revo running again, I did have to richen the LSN a little. I drove it for about 4 passes with the same inconsistent idle. I brought it in to start fiddling with the needles and when I brought it in I held the brake and the engine revved to full rpm without the truck trying to move. I killed it as fast as I could. I can see the pinion teeth were burned off which is why it wasn't trying to move when it throttled up. I started it again and again it revved to the max so I killed it. What is going on?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Are your trims and channels set correctly? Maybe you have the Throttle channel reversed, which by pressing the brake is actually giving you throttle (and throttle would be brakes).
Old 08-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

No reversal, all was working fine.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

I looked inside the carb and it looks like it normally does at idle. It opens fine when I pull the trigger. What would cause it to rev to the max when the carb is at normal idle settings?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Radio interference of some kind?

Def poss if its FM or AM radio, that's what causes run-offs. Or is this 2.4Ghz?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Its the stock am radio. I have done a lot of driving in the same spot without a hit of interference. Plus the throttle is at idle so how would the gas be getting in to rev it?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Okay, so i've recently just got a revo 3.3 (2.4Ghz model) also, and while driving it for the first time today, it fliped over and right before i could get over to the truck, it revved to up to full throttle and wouldn't stop. I tried to adjust the throttle trim but it did it again about 5 minutes later.

Also, when it wont switch b/w forward and reverse on demand; if i switch it to reverse, the servo will EVENTUALLY switch over and after it did that one time, it revved to full throttle yet again.

What the hell is going on??

(thanks in advance!)
Old 08-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Juice
Its the stock am radio. I have done a lot of driving in the same spot without a hit of interference. Plus the throttle is at idle so how would the gas be getting in to rev it?

I'd take it somewhere else and see if it still does it. If it does, then I'd start suspectng an airleak of some kind, a strange one, like a cracked carb body based leak or something. I've seen the carb pinch bolt overtightened enough that it cracks carb body and leak shows up only when there is some stress across the carb body.