Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Revo 3.3 (5309) - Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Revo 3.3 (5309) - Issues

I purchased a used Revo 3.3 (5309) in excellent condition.

It ran great when I went and bought it, and it ran great for 4-5 tanks (I didn't really keep track), before I noticed that the car wasn't responding as well and I figured it was time to charge it. (I hadn't put it on the charger since I purchased it).

I did run it though some sand/dirt while having some fun with it. I rolled it once, but it started right up and I got 2-3 more tanks through it after that.

Here's what's happening when I turn the car on:
- The Optidrive Function light flashes red slowly
- The Optidrive Sensor light flashes red quickly

I read that the Function flashing red indicates a low charge. I've had it plugged in overnight twice now, and it still flashes.

I also noticed, while reading about the charging, that the charger should flash green (quick charge) for awhile before turning solid green for the "trickle" charge. This doesn't happen. I get 2 or 3 flashes before it turns solid green.

How can I best determine what is happening. I'm thinking the battery is not charging, but without purchasing a new battery and or charger is there anyway to tell if that's what's happening? Just looking to save $50-$60 if I can.

And if anyone can tell me what the flashing sensor light indicates, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

-TK
Old 07-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

function light flashes = low battery
sensor light flashes = problem with sensor,wiring, or possible trans issue

reccomend recharge receiver battery 1st and recheck. also if you don't need reverse,ditch opti drive and install foc.(forward only control).
have fun
Old 07-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Yes, pull the optidrive right out.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ezstart

I have a problem when starting the ezstart spins fast put doesnt spin the flywheel always, do anybody know why.
thanks
Old 07-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

kevin that you , a little help
Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
Yes, pull the optidrive right out.
+1

Originally Posted by newera152
I have a problem when starting the ezstart spins fast put doesnt spin the flywheel always, do anybody know why.
thanks
Check the gears on the EZ-start unit to make sure they're not stripped, also make sure the 1-way bearing is still good.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Clean the OWB and shaft and re-install. If it still slips, replace shaft and OWB, they're prob worn.

When the batt flashes a few times and then goes steady, have you tried disconnecting charger and trying again? Either that or leave batt on trickle charge overnight. Then if battery falls flat, either charger is bad or the battery is bad. My guess would be the battery at that point.

Do you know anyone that has a charger that could try charging it for you? That would tell you which it is.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Clean the OWB and shaft and re-install. If it still slips, replace shaft and OWB, they're prob worn.

When the batt flashes a few times and then goes steady, have you tried disconnecting charger and trying again? Either that or leave batt on trickle charge overnight. Then if battery falls flat, either charger is bad or the battery is bad. My guess would be the battery at that point.

Do you know anyone that has a charger that could try charging it for you? That would tell you which it is.
IThanks for all said, I was messing with thebreak and it seemed to spin freely got it to run put it revse hi now turnedthe break down seem to help when i apply break it stalls should i turn the screw on the side to get it to idle with break on
Old 08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok... if I pull the Optidrive out, should I install the FOC or the Center Differential and Rear Brake kits?

I really don't plan on racing, but figured I'd ask anyway to see your opinions on the two options.

Thanks.

-tk