R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   MONSTER trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/4203-monster-trucks.html)

ijnek 04-02-2002 08:46 PM

MONSTER trucks

hi all,
thinking of getting a new monster truck.
any1 with suggestions on ehich is the best for value available?
is the tamiya terra crusher gd???

myclod 04-04-2002 03:30 AM

I guess what it most likely boils down to is what parts are available in your area....the Terra Crusher is supposed to be good (only because it is a Larger copy of a TMAXX) but the undisputed King of Monsters right now is undoubtedly the T-Maxx and E-Maxx...

ijnek 04-05-2002 01:41 AM

the support for the t-maxx n e-maxx is not veri good here at where i am,...

i guess tamiya terra crusher has my votes now,...but the kyosho seems pretty good also...

myclod 04-05-2002 05:45 AM

I'd HIGHLY recommend staying away from the Kyosho, i work for a Major Hobbystore franchise, we had one of those in...it is a VERY flimsy truck, if i were you i'd go with the crusher, and the bonus with the crusher is that the Suspension Arms are interchangable with the T/E Maxx which means alot of options in hopups in that area.

Modena AL 04-05-2002 11:15 AM

I have a Emaxx and I love the truck.....besides the fact that traxxas makes weak parts. If you don't jump it really high like I do (8+ feet in the air) you'll be find. But the shocks and shock towers can't handle that repeated times. Im going to invest in some progressive suspension shocks, and all RPM suspension parts, and hardcore aluminium braces.

Stay away from Kyosho. I've had bad experiences with them. Their stuff just isn't the quality that I want. Not fast enough, not strong enough...

ijnek 04-07-2002 07:38 PM

how abt txt-1???...
i alreadi into electric touring cars,so the batts m charger r not really a problem for mi....

any comments???

marvi 04-08-2002 06:14 AM

the txt-1 is a great looking monster truck. but it is slow. with the kit motors, it seems to take forever to run a length of the track. for more speed, youll have to get lower turn motors and an esc that can handle those motors. these will jack up the price of the already expensive txt-1.

but, what it lacks in speed, it makes up for its impressive scale appearance. the aluminum frame and plastic solid axle gearboxes look similar to full-size monster trucks. its suspension is also great for rock crawling. it has a high level of articulation because of the cantilevers and long travel shocks.

the box-stock txt-1 is close in performance and appearance to highly modified clod busters with aftermarket chassis and suspension parts. so if the look of a full size monster truck appeals to you, go for the txt-1.

marvi 04-09-2002 07:34 AM

does anyone know what is the biggest pinion that will fit the
txt-1? thanks for any info :)

Addict sa RC 04-10-2002 06:12 AM

marvi, if the tranny of the TXT-1 is exactly the same as the Jugg2's then you can go as high as 19t without any modifications.

marvi 04-10-2002 04:59 PM

indianabackdoc 04-18-2002 02:37 PM

Wanting some opinions

Which truck is better, the Duratrax or T-Maxx? Which one is faster? Everything that I read and look at points to the .21 Duratrax. Is it a sturdy truck?

Backdoc

t-d-motorsports 04-19-2002 07:33 AM

Duratrax?

Well now which duratrax are you talking about? If you talking about the nitro quake, forget it. You don't want that headache. Some guy ran one at our track last year and couldn't even make the corners. I haven't seen the thunderquake run yet, but it's supposed to be better. As far as comparing it to a T-Maxx, well you'd have to compare it to a .21 t-maxx in the power department. The stock duratrax .21 are nothing much compared to most other .21. Bottom line, Duratrax is bottom line. imho

indianabackdoc 04-19-2002 08:06 AM

ThunderQuake

The Thunderquake is the truck that I was referring too. It seems to have all the hopups already built in. Plus the power plant is bigger. I already have several (3) .21 engines that I could part out or even swap out if the stock engine isn't up to snuff.

I just want a sturdy truck that will race well and handle the occasional abuse of a 5 year old.

What about the Team Losi XXX? I'm just wanting to buy the best. Everyone around here seems to be buying the T-Maxx, but then they spend just as much as the original purchase price hopping it up.

Trevor

myclod 04-22-2002 09:16 AM

The thunder quake is a good truck but your best bet is the Tmaxx, nothing compares to it, ok so it isn't a .21 BUT the durability, upgradeability, and PARTS AVAILIBILIY are unmatched...all others are just trying to copy the standard that the Tmaxx has created.

JCD 04-23-2002 07:31 PM

Looking for TAMIYA MOUNTAINEER

Looking for "TAMIYA MOUNTAINEER" to swap with BRAND NEW 1/8 SCALE KYOSHO LAND MAX, with .21 ENGINE PULL START NISSAN CALSONIC BODY or RC10GT with .15 O.S. ENGINE VERY SLIGHTLY USED.

Look for BOYET

Tel. No. 362-2739
Cel. No. 09198189982

BOYET :batman: