Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TNX

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tamiya TNX

Dave Jun, Jimmy Jacobson and myself (David Anderson) had the chance to race the Tamiya TNX at the 2004 Pro-Line Maxx Challange. The trucks qualified 1st, 2nd and 4th. After leading the A-mial by almost a whole lap, we ran out of fuel and ended up finishing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. check out more at www.tamiyausa.com. If anyone has any questions about the truck, feel free to post them here.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Were there any other issues with the TNX, besides runnung out of fuel that is?
How did the truck hold up otherwise?
I have a Terra Crusher,probably guessed that by my handle huh, but am very interested in the TNX.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Out of the three trucks we ran, we collectively replaced 2 parts and they were both on my truck. 1 spur gear and 1 rear knuckle arm (brain fart crash). The two top finishing trucks did not replace a thing!!! You will LOVE the TNX, it is leaps and bounds over the Terra Crusher, at least on a race track. The only mods on my truck was stiffer springs, thicker oil, pro-line bow ties and limited shock downtravel.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Suspended

Cool

Good Job guys!
Well I look forward to more good reports on the TNX.
I mainly use my Crusher for bashing and racing with my 2 sons on our home track.
I think my next truck will be the TNX though!
Old 05-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, congrats you guys for doing so well with the TNX. Here is a link to some pictures of the race:

http://community.webshots.com/user/afarrow00
Old 05-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Suspended

Thanks afarrow those are some cool pictures.
Wish I could have been there looks like alot of fun was had by all.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:14 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have a new TNX and it is still in break in period but it is so far ahead of the TerraCrusher stock for stock it is scary. I also have a TerraCusher but it is a big block conversion.

I think Tamiya could have two great trucks if they revamped the TerraCrusher with a Bigblock .21 motor and a Forward only conversion in the transmission. They would have two top trucks on their hands then.

The TNX is awesome and that motor, well what needs to be said about OS that we don't already know. This is the truck Tamiya should have made in the first place and it might have been the best selling monster truck instead of the T-Maxx.

Hats off to Tamiya for this truck.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Initiate

well done guys, good result. (amazing you did it with near stock trucks)

Im glad there is someone willing to answer questions about the Tnx cos i was full of them after reading the results at the maxx challenge.

my first nitro was a TC and i had many bad experiences (most, probably due to my limited knowledge but the TNX has sparked my interest in MTs again.

most problems for me came from clutch, engine tune (definitely skill related problem) and that damn electric start backplate. I hope you can reassure me that any short comings from the TC 9not sure if any of these probs were common) have been remedied for the new truck. Thanks and congrats on the result keep it up
Old 08-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Congratulations

Great job with a TNX 1-2 finish this weekend at Monster Madness. It's awesome that Jimmy and David got their trucks to the top spots with a well deserved win against a sea of other trucks.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Tamiya TNX

Originally posted by 350LS1
Dave Jun, Jimmy Jacobson and myself (David Anderson) had the chance to race the Tamiya TNX at the 2004 Pro-Line Maxx Challange. The trucks qualified 1st, 2nd and 4th. After leading the A-mial by almost a whole lap, we ran out of fuel and ended up finishing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. check out more at www.tamiyausa.com. If anyone has any questions about the truck, feel free to post them here.
Dave, I didn't know you had a computer. Welcome aboard!
Old 09-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Which kind of bodies the TNX uses ?, its TMAXX body compatible ?

Its really worth over a tmaxx or a smaxx ? ... im thinking on a monster mainly for tracks ...
Old 09-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got my TNX Saturday, WOW what a truck. What plugs are recommended? Doesn't say anywhere in the instructions that I could find.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Tabushi
Which kind of bodies the TNX uses ?, its TMAXX body compatible ?

Its really worth over a tmaxx or a smaxx ? ... im thinking on a monster mainly for tracks ...
The only thing keeping me from getting a TNX is the after-market support. This truck has been around for some time, but I don't see near the aftermarket support that I do for the Monster GT or Losi LST.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm highly interested in a MT again, after having a couple of maxx's, and a savage .25, the TNX looks like the best truck dollar for dollar. I've been reading posts on MGT's, LST's and the hyped Revo, all seem to have weak points, and part failures. I havent come across a single post from anyone saying a bad thing about the TNX. My only concern is how long of a self life does it have? Kyosho , and Tamiya historically put a product out and within a 1-2 yrs its gone along with spare parts, That is why I quit buying Tamiya EP TC's, my wallet cant keep up, Any thoughts?
Old 11-17-2004, 10:08 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Anyone racing their TNX's. I have had a TNX for a few months and decided that I would race it at our local indoor offroad track. The track has some LST's Savages, T-Maxx's, Revo's and my soon to racing TNX.

I put on some new alum shocks, new Bowite tires, new steering servo, new Proline Crowd Pleaser 2.0 body and a few other little things. By looking at my truck now it really looks race ready. The track we race on is clay and had tons of traction. It is like racing inddor SuperCross for cycles. Track is just like SuperCross.

I think I will get to try it out this weekend if all goes well. I will try tp post some pics of my truck tonight!!!!!!

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.