Default Losi LST or Traxxas Revo

Which Truck you think i should get?
Old 05-19-2004, 06:12 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Losi LST or Traxxas Revo

Originally posted by INVIZAGOD
Which Truck you think i should get?
UUUUMMMMM!
you should review some of the previous threads on this forum.
there have been lots of discussions about this very subject
Old 05-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Brandon R; 07-29-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The Losi looks like more of a basher than the Traxxas....or are you claiming it to be a racer just because it's made by Losi???

Why would a racer need 2 gear ranges? a high and a low range?

Making claims about which truck is better right now is only a GUESS...neither truck has been released yet!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

LST!!! : Its got a .26 engine loads of power and huge shocks.

REVO: Nah, too much new stuff, it might suck wait till some other people get it. And traxxas just could squeeze in a bigblock.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

To me, the LST shines most because of the radio. I mean, come on, it's a JR XS3 for cryin' out loud. I have one already(the radio), and it is awesome. The only reason I wouldn't buy the Traxxas truck is if it somehow just sucked, which I doubt it will; or because of the radio. I would replace it regardless, so why have to pay for it if I'm not gonna use it?? Traxxas needs to offer an ARR version of their trucks. I have a T MAXX and its radio was gone in under 24 hours!

COME ON TRAXXAS, GIVE US AN ARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by phatkat
To me, the LST shines most because of the radio. I mean, come on, it's a JR XS3 for cryin' out loud. I have one already(the radio), and it is awesome. The only reason I wouldn't buy the Traxxas truck is if it somehow just sucked, which I doubt it will; or because of the radio. I would replace it regardless, so why have to pay for it if I'm not gonna use it?? Traxxas needs to offer an ARR version of their trucks. I have a T MAXX and its radio was gone in under 24 hours!

COME ON TRAXXAS, GIVE US AN ARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UUUMMM!! YEAH
Old 05-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 268 (100%+)

Till they come out and you can get some user based reviews, I would hold off on both.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Suspended

Talking

I agree with cain, I would hold off for now and see if either of those trucks are worth even buying.
as no one has had a chance to evaluate the claims put out by the mfgrs.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

I have Well, at least one of them.

Until you see the Revo go around a track you won't believe how well it handles.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

No doubt it will "get" around the track Ringo. That's not the question or the issue. The TQ Radio just isn't up to snuff in our/my opinion. Upgrade the radio and Traxxas would be head and shoulders above all the other RTR's on all fronts.

Just my .02
Old 05-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

A saw Adam Drake drive the new LST last weekend at the Proline Maxx Challenge and also saw Steve Slayden drive his Revo around to win the Small Block class.

Adam broke down in the main (tearing off an LST arm). I got a hands-on view of the LST...its pretty heavy (but intimidating!) compared to the Revo. You gotta love the LST shocks, though...they really give the LST a plush ride. The Revo looks more nimble...here is a link to some pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/afarrow00

Go to page three and there are over 180 pictures of the race.

I think if you put a Picco .21 or other compatible big-block motor in the Revo it would run circles around the LST.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Really? I thought his question was which one should he get.

I run a TQ radio system in every Traxxas vehicle I own other then my T-Maxx that I race ( I use a KO in it) and never had an issue with any of them. Not to mention that we offer the extended service on our electronics so if something does happen to the radio system after the 30 day warranty we replace it for 20 bucks shipped in the US.

Judging by your name I assume you race. You and I both know that every racer has his or her favorite radio they swear by and typically drop it in if they plan to take the truck to a track.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

You are right about the "favorite radio" thing. I have seen all to many times however someone come out and race thier T-Maxx only to get frustrated when they have control issues. Yes they need practice and yes they will get better with the set up. But in most cases they can make a purchase of a upgrade radio and see improvements the next time on the track. As did you no doubt when you started using the KO by the way.

All that was mentioned was an Upgraded Radio would be a Nice option. That is all.

Quote-Judging by your name I assume you race.
Answer-Yes I do/try.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This whole radio thing would be fixed if Traxxas sold an ARR......Cheaper, no uncomfortable radio to take up space in my already packed R/C desk......I see no reason why Traxxas wouldn't do this.(?)

ME WANTS ARR ARR ARR ARR ARR ARR ARR ARR ARR ARR ARR ARR!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.