Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
My "Bladerunner" chassied Clod (lots of pics) >

My "Bladerunner" chassied Clod (lots of pics)

My "Bladerunner" chassied Clod (lots of pics)

Old 04-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default My "Bladerunner" chassied Clod (lots of pics)

Well after an excruatingly long wait I finally got my Bladerunner back from being anodized (if you can call it complete). I am now in the middle of redoing it to make it presentable, it really looked bad when I got it back..Here is what it looked like last year before shipping it off:

Here are the pics of the chassis as it was returned to me:

I already had a body painted to go with the color scheme of the chassis, so I didnt want to strip all the anodizing off.

I used my dremel and a stainless steel wire brush to remove the anodizing from the flats of the cants. It worked great, but left the surface of the aluminum pitted.

I then wet sanded the surface smooth, starting with 220 grit and finishing off with 400 grit. It left it with the desired satin finish.

Because of the damage to the bottom chassis plate I am having a replacement built for it. I plan on painting the gearboxes to match in with the overall color scheme of the truck. I will soon be ordering a set of cordinating aluminum shocks. What the next step will be, I am unsure of at this time?? I will post a pic of the chassis as it is at this point later today. I have a second LandCruiser body I plan on getting painted for this truck also, but I am undecided on the design for it yet...Let me know what you think so far?, and if you have any suggestions?

Phase: 2

Here are some more pics of the chassis and body. I'm undecided which set of rims I will be using, or even tires. I have a set of stock clod tires, Giant Tracs, USA 1 tires, and some cut Clod tires... I am now waiting on a set of shocks and a new bottom chassis plate. I will also be adding some custom touches to the gearboxes in the next week.

Phase: 3

Well here is how the Bladerunner looks now. I have put on a new set of Integy piggyback shocks, and got one of the gearboxes painted to match the chassis. I'm still awaiting the arrival of the new bottom plate and the body posts, then I will need to hook up the electronics. This is as far as she will get for now, I will be out of the country for a few days this week. When I return next week, I hope to be able to get this baby finished!!

Martin
Old 04-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

lookin good!! if i had the extra funds i would have a kick ass flexer like that!..how much are those axles? they cant be cheap!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Initiate

The axles/gearboxes are from a stock Clodbuster. You can usually buy them used for $80 to $125 for a pair of them.

Martin
Old 04-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Suspended

Talking NICE!!!!!

Really Nice looking truck Martin!
Where can a person get a Blade Runner Chassis like that& how much.
My Boys & I also Rockcrawl our clods whenever we get the chance,I have a Clodzilla 2 on mine and both of my boys have Sassy Chassis conversions on their trucks.

we really like R/C in general and have fun with them.
Good Job on your Clod!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Initiate

There were only 6 of these ever made, and the fabricator told me last week that he will build no more (there was one on Ebay this week)Bladerunner on Ebay . It was a limited edition thing he did. He does make another great chassis, The Gecko, and The Gecko 2 (RCGuy.com) I run a Gecko on one of my other Clods, a Zilla 4 on another, and a custom tube frame on its way to me. I'm not into the racing or anything, just love to rock crawl with them!

Martin
Old 05-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool The next phase

Well, here is the next phase complete. I received the new battery tray and body posts from RC Guy last week, They worked great! I finished dressing up the front gearbox this weekend, and got the body mounted also. It piviots to allom me easy access the the electronics (once I get them mounted.) The next step will be to fab 2 servo mounts and all the steering links. I have to pick up some more aluminum rod before I begin the next phase. Here is how it looks now:

And here it is with its other siblings:

Martin
Old 05-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default My "Bladerunner" Clod *Skid Design*

I promised a killer set of skids for the Bladerunner.. Here is the first peek at them, or at least one of them.. After the first bit of cutting:

Then the final cutting, sanding and bending:

How it will look in place:

I now just need to fab the mounts for it, then I can get started on the one for the rear!.

Martin
Old 05-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

look really nice! where do you get the Al??
Old 05-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

He, He, He... There is an aluminum plant about 10 minutes from where I live, evey now and then I get access to some of there material...
Old 05-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Brandon R; 07-29-2012 at 07:56 PM.