Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Revo 3.3 (5309) revs but don't move >

Revo 3.3 (5309) revs but don't move

Revo 3.3 (5309) revs but don't move

Old 04-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Revo 3.3 (5309) revs but don't move

I was running my Revo around in my brothers apartment complex parking lot the other day climbing over curbs and bouncing over speed bumps. I climbed over a curb then turned around and jumped off it and broke one of the front drive shafts where it connects to the spindle, the only reason I noticed it is because the truck quit moving as well. I can rev up the throttle and it won't move, I checked the clutch and spur gear, they are meshed and the slipper is tight. I haven't replaced the drive shaft yet as I haven't made it to the hobby shop to get a new one. Where should I start to look after that to see what the problem is? It was running and shifting fine until that happened.

Thanks

Last edited by Uhgg; 04-20-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

I would check the pins in the drive gears of the tranny. If you came off a curb under power and snapped an axle it probably sheared a tranny pin or just maybe shreaded some gear teeth.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I pulled the tranny out and took it apart and checked the gears, they have all of their teeth and aren't worn down and mesh really well. There is one gear that spins freely right behind the slipper gear, I looked at the blow up in the manual and it doesn't show any pin or anything for this gear to lock it in place so I am guessing it is supposed to be free. I think what might have happened is it didn't lock into forward after switching from reverse, I noticed it is a little sticky when switching it manually, gonna try and run it again tonight and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

That gear should spin one way and not the other. There is a one way bearing in there.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

you said you checked the clutch shoe spring, the break all the time.