savage or tmaxx

savage or tmaxx

Old 04-05-2010, 02:19 PM

Default savage or tmaxx

wich is better for bashing tmaxx3.3 or savageX
Old 04-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Savage X. I would not touch a Tmaxx with a 10 ft. pole. I have flashbacks of trying to keep one together....I run the Flux as far as Savages go but I will say it's rugged and fairly easy to work on. You will find that there are a lot of Savage followers. It's like a cult. I have not fallen into it yet but I think the Savage is a solid rig. I run an LST2 for nitro, that's a real good truck. Any consideration into one of those? I am definitely an LST follower. That's my 2 cents.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the savage by far. i wish i still had my savage and not the tmaxx i have now. i could bash so much more with the savage then what i can do with my tmaxx.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Savage You can hit a pole / tree / wall with a savage and it will walk away. traxxas... well bring your dust pan.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

i have had both a tmaxx and a savage. get the savage. the maxx broke quite often. the savage i jumped 15ft in the air multiple times and landed everyway possible. only things that EVER broke was a shock cap that came undone which all i had to do was screw it back and another time the truck broke a few pieces after a jump.ONLY because some screws came loose and made the chassis weak(thats what i get for not checking my screws often)
Old 04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I guess I don't need to come in here and say "Savage"

Old 04-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Rookie

SAVAGE FTW!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

This same question has been posted 1,000,000 times now.. Use the search feature instead of posting the same question over and over..

Savage = great basher, but wheelies constantly, tips over constantly when hammering the brakes or turning sharp... but still a great basher.

T- Maxx = a well rounded truck and with very little money can be just as strong of a basher as the savage if not better, and still can take corners and not tip near as much as the savage.. right out of the box.

My opinion is get a savage if all youre going to do is keep it stock and bash it. But if you want something that can be just as strong if not stronger and still be able to race or just have a little corner carving fun with, i would go with the t maxx.

I personally have driven both of these countless times and i wouldnt trade my tmaxx for a savage EVER.

Just my .02
Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by All4BSpinnin
This same question has been posted 1,000,000 times now.. Use the search feature instead of posting the same question over and over..

Savage = great basher, but wheelies constantly, tips over constantly when hammering the brakes or turning sharp... but still a great basher.

T- Maxx = a well rounded truck and with very little money can be just as strong of a basher as the savage if not better, and still can take corners and not tip near as much as the savage.. right out of the box.

My opinion is get a savage if all youre going to do is keep it stock and bash it. But if you want something that can be just as strong if not stronger and still be able to race or just have a little corner carving fun with, i would go with the t maxx.

I personally have driven both of these countless times and i wouldnt trade my tmaxx for a savage EVER.

Just my .02
Your bias theory again...

Ignorance is stubborn, and prejudice is hard...
Old 04-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just my .02
It's apparent which way you lean on the argument, and that's all fine, good, and respected. (Each Traxxas sold helps my local economy) But don't start making up stuff about the Savage.

(BTW - the question by the OP was about bashing not racing. No need to buy a TMaxx and then spend extra money to make it tough. And until the TMaxx is built with twin vertical plates for a chassis, it'll never be as tough of a basher.)

Old 04-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

I'm making up things? Another savage fan boy... here we go, and in no way am I'm bias, I had bought my t maxx and it was fun and all but I heard a lot of these same savage fan boys spewing lies about savages being the #1 truck. So naturally I started to want one and started using my friends savage x 4.6. And I was very disappointed to say the least, his savage is out of the box stock nothing modded and although the only thing that happened when I was jumping it 10ft in the air was a few lost screws it lacked in every other aspect, it wheelies constantly no matter how easy you try to take it.. and maybe you like stuff like that but it gets real annoying to say the least. If you try to do a high speed run and tap the brakes or turn it just flips ALL the time. I'm not bias and ive driven the t maxx and savage equally and I just feel the t maxx is the best bang for your buck and a very well rounded truck unlike the strictly bash savage.

*waits for savage fan boys to jump in and tell me I'm lieing* LOL
Old 04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

*waits for savage fan boys to jump in and tell me I'm lieing* LOL
I'll start with the Savage has TERRIBLE brakes out of the box (they are notorious for this), so you saying it flips over just by barely hitting the brakes is enough for me to say that you have never owned a Savage. Nice try though.

Oh, am I am way too old to be a "fanboy" of anything if you're referring to me.

Cheers man, and enjoy your Maxx, that's the important thing anyway.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Just my .02
Bro you are so full of it. You have traxxaxs nuts so far down your throat its not even funny you would make jenna jameson proud.. In one post you say you finaly got to drive your buddys savage and now all of a sudden its countless times get real.. You are the Ultimate Tmaxx Fan Boy
Old 04-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

He must be the lucky one or two guys who didn't actually break stuff on there T-Maxx. There's a reason the Savage is known for being the best basher in the entire RC world. The only thing T-Maxxs are good for is hobby shops( T-Maxx= PARTS$$$$$$$$$). Also if you want something that can handle look at a MGT.

Original Poster: Have you considered a Mini MGT 3.0( Don't Let the name fool you). There super cheap, and all you have to do is put thread locker on the grub screws and your ready. Thats the only real weak part on them besides the bumper rings.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by whipnet
I'll start with the Savage has TERRIBLE brakes out of the box (they are notorious for this), so you saying it flips over just by barely hitting the brakes is enough for me to say that you have never owned a Savage. Nice try though.

Oh, am I am way too old to be a "fanboy" of anything if you're referring to me.

Cheers man, and enjoy your Maxx, that's the important thing anyway.

Lol I guess when I pushed the trigger and it rolled over I was imagining things right? Lol get real, and yes by making the assumption that I do not own a savage you would be correct because I wouldn't spend my hard earned money on something that is such a piece of shit at every aspect other than bashing.

Have a good day fan boys!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.