Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
savage or tmaxx >

savage or tmaxx

savage or tmaxx

Old 04-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by All4BSpinnin
by making the assumption that I do not own a savage you would be correct because I wouldn't spend my hard earned money on something that is such a piece of shit at every aspect other than bashing.

Have a good day fan boys!
I was going to come back with a snappy comment about how you won. With your infinite wisdom you've solved the T-Maxx/Savage debate once and for all.

But then I thought I'd just sit back and let you be embarrassed all by yourself.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Lol I guess when I pushed the trigger and it rolled over I was imagining things right? Lol get real, and yes by making the assumption that I do not own a savage you would be correct because I wouldn't spend my hard earned money on something that is such a piece of shit at every aspect other than bashing.

Have a good day fan boys!
Monster Trucks are for Bashing..... If you wanna take the corners fast get a buggy or a truggy.

To the original poster check out this video http://www.hpiracing.com/videoplayer/38/ Watch it till the end.. Theres no way a stock tmaxx will survive that and drive away.. Theres a reason traxxax doesnt have a video of a tmaxx catching big air.. cuz it wouldnt survive....
Old 04-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Right now I own alot of monster trucks plus 1 OFNA truggy and the majority of them are T-Maxxes of almost every nitro model made...I also have a Savage w/.25 plus a Team Associated MGT 8.0 and Mini MGT 3.0...The Savage is one of the most complex built trucks Ive ever owned and taking one almost completely apart to fix something broken is insane...If I were to suggest a pretty easy to fix in the field monster truck I would suggest either the Team Associated MGT 4.6/8.0 or the T-Maxx 4907 w/3.3 even a REVO...Pic 3 is the kind of load I take to go bashing with for the day...
Attached Thumbnails savage or tmaxx-010.jpg   savage or tmaxx-013.jpg   savage or tmaxx-007.jpg   savage or tmaxx-034.jpg   savage or tmaxx-005.jpg  

Last edited by T-Maxxxed_Owt; 04-07-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

How well has the MMGT held up?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

The MMGT is a little screamer and so far its been holding up great...The only thing broke on so far after 1 gallon of bash time is the pipe bracket that holds it...Theyre going for $225 plus 20 shipping brand new on ebay...
Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-Maxxxed_Owt
The MMGT is a little screamer and so far its been holding up great...The only thing broke on so far after 1 gallon of bash time is the pipe bracket that holds it...Theyre going for $225 plus 20 shipping brand new on ebay...
I don't own an MGT. A basher buddy has the 8.0 and another buddy has a mini MGT. The engineering is similar to Tmaxx. The 8.0 takes a beating but the Mini seems tinny. It's small, bounces around a lot and is more fragile.

This is not to persuade you into an LST but it's a comparison. I got into monster trucks with an Aftershock, which in hindsight was a mistake. I should not have cheaped out and bought the $350 truck. I should have bought the XXL. My Aftershock is now an XXL due to bullet proofing. The only thing Aftershock on it is the radio box, so it's called the ShockBox. Do yourself a favor, try not to buy used (used = usually buying someone elses problem) and buy the top dog rig, whatever it is you choose. If you can't afford it, save a little bit longer. It will be worth it. I have spent a lot of money making the Shock what it is. Shoulda done it right the first time. However, I can disassemble and reassemble one with my eyes closed.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Rookie

My wife has a Savage it gets more attention than i do thats a good thing casue i get more time to my self. I never had a tmaxx so i will not compare.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Why do all of these threads turn into an arguement. The guy asked a simple question, and most of you are too stupid to give a simple opinion.

Here is my OPINION. Get the Savage.

I have ran an worked on both, and I like and dislike things about both. But in your question you mention "bashing" and I believe the Savage is a better bash truck.

Again, both of them have problems, actually both have a good bit of problems, but the savage will be a better bash truck for you
Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm making up things? Another savage fan boy... here we go, and in no way am I'm bias, I had bought my t maxx and it was fun and all but I heard a lot of these same savage fan boys spewing lies about savages being the #1 truck. So naturally I started to want one and started using my friends savage x 4.6. And I was very disappointed to say the least, his savage is out of the box stock nothing modded and although the only thing that happened when I was jumping it 10ft in the air was a few lost screws it lacked in every other aspect, it wheelies constantly no matter how easy you try to take it.. and maybe you like stuff like that but it gets real annoying to say the least. If you try to do a high speed run and tap the brakes or turn it just flips ALL the time. I'm not bias and ive driven the t maxx and savage equally and I just feel the t maxx is the best bang for your buck and a very well rounded truck unlike the strictly bash savage.

*waits for savage fan boys to jump in and tell me I'm lieing* LOL
All4BSpinnin... You must be a T-Maxx kid I'm sure...

A Savage will wheelie if you jam-packed the differential with grease instead of silicone fluid... Just like now you jam-packed it in your a** hol*...

You've seen a well-built Savage X...??? I am sure you have not...
I am sure you're a rookie too...

All4BSpinnin, it's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then donít say it...