Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
T maxx 3.3 vs. Savage 3.5 >

T maxx 3.3 vs. Savage 3.5

T maxx 3.3 vs. Savage 3.5

Old 04-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My first nitro was a savage. It was a hog to work on but then again, didn't have to work on it much. Thing was a tank. Lost control at full speed and hit a wall. Picked it up, recharged the battery and right back out there. Not a thing broke. Friends maxx on the other hand wasn't nearly as durable. Wished I would have kept the savy. But I will have another at some point.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I would go for the savage. I have had both and though the savage handles like a couch, it takes a beating like a redhead step child. The Maxx stock has very serious weak points (bulkheads mainly) and they can be upgraded to match the durability of the savage, but with alot more money than what is involved in the savage. The savage takes a bit more motor to get it to move fast but it is worth it

Dont get me wrong, I am not biased. I loved my tmaxx so much, and my savage was awesome too. To be honest I am really a traxxas fan, but do highly recommend the savage over the tmaxx for durabitly.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I've got a T-Maxx that I got for next to nothing. It had a number of upgrades on it already (aluminum bulkheads, shock towers, etc...), but I messed with it more to make it a good basher / race truck. If I was buying new, honestly, I'd look at a Savage over the T-Maxx, but my top choice would likely be an LST2.

That's just because I like to run mine on an 1/8th scale off-road track, and the LST2 seems to be the best handing of the monster trucks....I'm sure those big friggn' shocks have a little bit to do with it!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ahh i love these threads so much conflict on which one you should buy...

parts availability is the same for each truck. i see just as much savage parts in my lhs as tmax parts.

the savage is sooo easy to work on you can seperate it into 3 parts the front and rear end are identical.

i love my savage and i cant complain about it. i say savage all the way.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Rookie

I say go with the Savage all the way, I've owned 2 tmaxxs, and 1 savage, I loved the savage, savages aren't difficult to work on, just time-consuming, but they're worth it, and they almost never break, I had mine going off 15 ft jumps onto concrete, and the only damage was a ball-cup stretched and popped out, so i popped it back in and kept on truckin
Old 04-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arr-See-Urr
I say go with the Savage all the way, I've owned 2 tmaxxs, and 1 savage, I loved the savage, savages aren't difficult to work on, just time-consuming, but they're worth it, and they almost never break, I had mine going off 15 ft jumps onto concrete, and the only damage was a ball-cup stretched and popped out, so i popped it back in and kept on truckin
+1 savage is awsome
Old 04-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

savage all the way men
Old 04-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

and the best savage of all is the savage flux
Old 07-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys I know im a year late here but I have owned 3 t maxxes and now 4 savages and I have to say the savage will out preform the t maxx any day the savage is like a million times more durable then a t maxx. I have had my current savage for about six years now and on the same engin and still have yet to break something. I have only had one problem with the savage and that was the roto starter and that the tank dosnt hold enough fuel lol. I had my last t maxx and I was walking it home and I dropped it from about 2 feet from the ground by accident and it broke the front bumper in half. Where with my savage I backflipped it in to a tree around 15 feet up and it came down and landed on the back bumper, bounced and landed on the wheels and kept right on going as if it never left the ground. As of right no I am selling or trading my savage for the vorza. Thats what I want to get anyway. But if you want I think I set the price pretty cheep so look it up here is the link http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-upgrades.html