Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Neu 1515 2.5D 1650kV VS Torq2200 for XXL Savage Flux >

Neu 1515 2.5D 1650kV VS Torq2200 for XXL Savage Flux

Neu 1515 2.5D 1650kV VS Torq2200 for XXL Savage Flux

Old 04-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Neu 1515 2.5D 1650kV VS Torq2200 for XXL Savage Flux

Hi everyone... im new on this forum, but around everywhere else savage... Looks like there are a lot of experienced people on here.. I cant seem to get the answers im looking for on the other forums....

THis is my problem in short... Built my fresh new savage flux with DB-17 tvps and Spi rims etc... maiden voyage yesterday and my mate crashed it at WOT into a lamp post causing ridiculous damage to my motor ...

Some pics of my truck as it was....
images not allowed?

Anyway... looking for a new motor and need some help...
I can get the NEU motor for 100 second hand. (low on cash now since building the truck.)

Has anyone had any experience with this particular motor...

The used motor...
image not allowed?

Considering the extra length of my truck, i want more torque... I want to gear high too... and its always better gearing a lower kv motor than gear a high kv motor lower... right?

I need to get my truck running tomorrow and can pick this motor up tomrorrow...

PLEASE ADVICE ME! Thank you very much

Josh

I tried putting some URLs... wouldnt let me...
Tried posting some picture... Wouldnt let me!
Old 04-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Rookie

hmmmmm no one with any experience of these motors?
Old 04-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by j1a1h
hmmmmm no one with any experience of these motors?
The lower the kv the more torque and less top end. The higher the kv the less tourque and more top end. Lower kv lets you have more gearing choices and in most cases stays cooler than a higher kv motor. Most nue motors are top of the line quality. I am not very familiar with all the diffrent configurations of the Neus but just make sure you are getting a 5mm 1/8th scale motor.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Tech Rookie

thank you for the response!
The only thing i am worried about but not sure if it really matters... is that this motor has air holes at either end of the motor. This encourages air flow and keeps things cool supposedly...

I have been trying to post pics of the motor but it wont let me... How many poosts do you need before you can post URLs?

Anyway... considering i will be running on grass and ashpahult... i was a biit worried about dirt being kicked up into the motor... But couldnt i just put some electric tape over the holes while i am running in very dusty situations? and use a CC fan to keep it cool... I rarely run in dusty areas, usually grass and asphault...

Haave you seen motors with air flow holes? and what do you think of them?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It takes 10 posts to be able to post links, pics and send PMs.....

These are plane/heli motors and they are commonly run with the cooling holes taped when used for surface RCs. I use the purpose built Castle Nues and Techno Neus that don't have cooling holes. Just watch the temps.