Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
emaxx brushless edition? >

emaxx brushless edition?

emaxx brushless edition?

Old 04-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default emaxx brushless edition?

Did they change it up to increase durability? ive been doing some research on them and they are getting real solid reviews. i just wasnt sure if they changed anything else besides the motor/esc. ive have always heard bad things about the emaxx.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigterp77
Did they change it up to increase durability? ive been doing some research on them and they are getting real solid reviews. i just wasnt sure if they changed anything else besides the motor/esc. ive have always heard bad things about the emaxx.
im fairly positive that it's just a power upgrade, different paint on body and wheels, and aluminum hexes. it's 2.4ghz too, but now i believe all traxxas models are 2.4 now.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i freaking love the emaxx. the transmission is brushless ready :P its an awesome truck
Old 04-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

how does it compare to the flux? same motor/esc. i have a savage x and for whatever reason i hate working on the thing because of the tvps and the basic layout. the truck is tough as nails. ive always heard bad things regarding the e/tmaxx's durability.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

how does it compare to the flux? same motor/esc. i have a savage x and for whatever reason i hate working on the thing because of the tvps and the basic layout. the truck is tough as nails. ive always heard bad things regarding the e/tmaxx's durability.
You opened up a can of savage lovers vs traxxas fans, good luck.

Its best to buy which ever one you like the best, they are all relatively similar in durability, the flux and MMM bl systems are both the same MMM system, with different stickers.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

sorry about that. didnt intend to. ive just heard all positives about the brushless emaxx when a yr or two ago they were considered money pits. im debating going straight to a brushless truck or converting a revo to brushless. brushless is major $$$.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

sorry about that. didnt intend to. ive just heard all positives about the brushless emaxx when a yr or two ago they were considered money pits. im debating going straight to a brushless truck or converting a revo to brushless. brushless is major $$$.
I know there are a few who are overly passionate about "what they currently own" versus which is actually better for you.

My .02 is that what works best for me, may not work for you. If you like the emaxx get the emax, its a very good truck, expecially with the updates and improvements from a couple of years ago.

As for brushless, brushed or converting....... I have done two of the three and have found it, overall, to be less expensive to buy the brushless directly from the start.

For example I bought the e-revo, spent and extra $100ish on conversion parts, to equal that of which came with the brushless edition, plus the 17mm wheel adapters, and still had to buy the BL esc and motor.

Buying the BL edition I wouldnt have to do the conversion, buy the motor and esc, conversion pieces, and I would have had a 2.4g radio and rx, rather than two motors and esc and am radio left over that I have no real use for.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

what batteries are you running? ive had good luck maxamps but they are close to be over the top expensive now. ive also used protek's stuff and they seem solid.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Personally I hate the Emaxx and feel the Revo is a far better truck. I know many disagree with me and that's fine.

IF you go with the Emaxx do yourself one favor and get some FLM parts. Hybrid bulks are nice but a must have is the towers and LST shock conversion. 8 shocks are useless on any truck.