Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Watch out for Brushlessboy16 >

Watch out for Brushlessboy16

Watch out for Brushlessboy16

Old 03-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Before Anyone jumps to any conclusions. (too late for that). Here is how things went down.

I asked Alex (ThepopeNJ) to keep an eye out for a cheap savage as i wanted to try my hand at the mt game. for all those doubters I didnt ask for him to build me a truck. He did it out of the goodness of his heart and before even listing the truck for sale, I called him and told him and asked his permission... even asked if he wanted it! I only sold it for what i had into it.

Xl Bulkheads, Skids, Misc suspension components, diffs, and driveshafts. Plus My Rc-monster center motor mount, (a 100 dollar unit) the differential, servo and the list goes on.

I wound not, never in a million years take advantage of Alex or anyone else intentionally. I apologize to anyone I offended.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushlessboy16
Before Anyone jumps to any conclusions. (too late for that). Here is how things went down.

I asked Alex (ThepopeNJ) to keep an eye out for a cheap savage as i wanted to try my hand at the mt game. for all those doubters I didnt ask for him to build me a truck. He did it out of the goodness of his heart and before even listing the truck for sale, I called him and told him and asked his permission... even asked if he wanted it! I only sold it for what i had into it.

Xl Bulkheads, Skids, Misc suspension components, diffs, and driveshafts. Plus My Rc-monster center motor mount, (a 100 dollar unit) the differential, servo and the list goes on.

I wound not, never in a million years take advantage of Alex or anyone else intentionally. I apologize to anyone I offended.
Thanks for clearing it up. Personally I don't see much of a problem, it has been around three months since you built it up. It's not like you bummed parts (I'm not saying you ever did) and then immediately put them up for sale. I know I have purchased / built rc cars that I thought I really wanted only to decide it wasn't for me shortly there after.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mistercrash
Well I found the links in question before they were fixed and spent a little time reading through the threads. From what I have read, Brushlessboy helped a new guy at the track one day and that guy (the pope nj) decided to return the favor by collecting Savage parts because he learned that BB16 was looking for a Savage roller for a project build.
From what I have read, BB16 never asked for anything but when people asked him if he needed anything else for his build, he answered with a list of what was needed.
From what I have read, some people seemed offended by the fact that BB16 was getting parts for free.
From what I have read, the pope nj explained to these people that it was HIM who organized the whole donation thing and BB16 was the recipient because the pope nj wanted to do something nice for a good kid.
From what I have read, he did not build this truck entirely from donated parts, he spent some money of his own and is trying to get a little back for a new build project.

I have no idea what a Savage roller is worth, was the asking price of $175 too much? Or was it on the cheap side. If he was asking a very low price for his roller then this shows to me that he in turn is donating the parts to someone else. He's just trying to get some of his own money back.

In conclusion, I hope that no one ever donates anything to me because in the minds of some people, it means you have to hold on to those parts until you die.
THank you mr. crash for shedding some true light on the subject!
Old 04-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well i see you being on a budget but it seems that you almost took advantage of some people.if i donated parts to you and you sold them on another forum i would be highly offended.im assuming thats how they feel over there.you should have put it up for sale over on that forum first.alot of scammers on these sale forums.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If I was a donor of a part for whatever reason, I don't think I'm going to worry about what that person does with it. I gave it away, it's not mine to look out for anymore If they begged for something saying they need it to get up and running and you give, then 3 days later it's up for sale by itself, that would be a crappy move to me. But I think we've all grown tired of a particular vehicle and just wanted to get rid of it to get something different. That's what I see here.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Maybe a mod should make this thread disappear, it started by a personal attack on BB16's reputation from the OP's distorted views of the facts and his half truths.