Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Can I turn a Summit into a REVO BL as well? >

Can I turn a Summit into a REVO BL as well?

Can I turn a Summit into a REVO BL as well?

Old 03-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Can I turn a Summit into a REVO BL as well?

I've been looking at videos which show them being similar, and am wodering if
I can add the Mamba setup to the summit as well as the 2.4 GHZ system.

Id like to basically have a BL Revo with the ability to shift gears and lock the diffs, while still having obviously the BL drivetrain, 2.4GHZ radio and highspeed handling.

So far I've seen a few videos of brushless Summits, just not sure if anyone has also converted a Revo into a hybrid Summit as well.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

yeah you can it is the same chassis and suspension arms and axles you just need to take out the locking diff(not sure if you have to get a revo diff), a mamba monster, a 2.4 ghx radio, a revo body and body mounts
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would think the summit locking diffs are weaker than the brushless revo diffs...but I do not have first hand knowledge
Old 04-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
yeah you can it is the same chassis and suspension arms and axles you just need to take out the locking diff(not sure if you have to get a revo diff), a mamba monster, a 2.4 ghx radio, a revo body and body mounts
You should really do some research because not a single thing you said in that post is true. The arms are different to accommodate the larger diff housings, and the front right and rear left shafts are the same length as each other but different than the front left/rear right.
You can use Revo arms and shafts but the arms require shaving around the first support brace.
I have done this conversion and its really cool.

All you need to do is simply install the MMM combo and the TQ4 2.4Ghz radio, swap out the front bumper (rear will be fine) and put on a Revo body with the shorter body mounts and thats it. I also swapped the wheels/tires and installed 90D rockers. It was a blast. Way too heavy to actually race but still handled ok at the track and awesome outside bashing. Total useless at crawling though.