Favorite monster >

Favorite monster

Favorite monster

Old 04-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

LST for serious bashing
E-maxx for a laugh

haven't driven a savage yet, but may just have to get one sometime based on everything i hear about em
Old 04-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well I finally drove my buddies savage x 4.6 and I can say that if ALL you want to do is bash and nothing else then by all means get it.. it wheelies constantly, do a high speed run and hit the brakes and it just rolls, try to turn Sharp and it just rolls.. in my opinion theyre a joke.. if you want a well rounded mt go for a t maxx, e maxx, or revo.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

i loved my lst2. thing was a little bit of everything, quick, solid suspension, tough and could handle corners.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrofreak07
SAVAGE... All I have to say is bmx track, 50 mph, and midair collision with a steel light pole... Kicked it on it's feet and took off.
mine was easy to tune, quick, and their bulletproof!
Originally Posted by MalicousIntent
I have to agree with NitroFreak on the Savage... only thing is if they do snap something its usually A-arms so if your pretty rough with them you might wanna gets some extras and youll get pretty good at changing em.. yeah they are about the toughest thing going.
Originally Posted by 007jones007
Stock Savages are tough, owned a couple, And revos are pretty cool and tough too i always thought, i love them both, owned a couple of those too.
Originally Posted by Justpassedu
+1 on the Savage
Originally Posted by Hypnotiq
SAVAGE
Originally Posted by phisher
I just placed an order for one today. It should be here next week. I wasn't sure I wanted another Traxxas product (I loved my Savage) but, I wanted something that had better handling then a typical monster truck.
Savage.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by All4BSpinnin
Well I finally drove my buddies savage x 4.6 and I can say that if ALL you want to do is bash and nothing else then by all means get it.. it wheelies constantly, do a high speed run and hit the brakes and it just rolls, try to turn Sharp and it just rolls.. in my opinion theyre a joke.. if you want a well rounded mt go for a t maxx, e maxx, or revo.
It's not a joke, you're the joke...

Watch Savage Sam's rig...??? He could raced it against the truggies.

It wheelies constantly was because either you have never open up the differential before (no diff oil, just some grease...) or you have put in thick grease in it... Use 10~15k front and rear 3k~5k, it'll be a world of difference.

And your ride height is either too high and your combination of spring rate and shock oil viscosity was wrong...

Cheers!
Old 04-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roychan69

It wheelies constantly was because either you have never open up the differential before (no diff oil, just some grease...) or you have put in thick grease in it... Use 10~15k front and rear 3k~5k, it'll be a world of difference.

And your ride height is either too high and your combination of spring rate and shock oil viscosity was wrong...

Cheers!
Ok, i didnt want to get into this but; The savage in its stock form is tough, but its not that fast and it does roll a lot. You said (savage sams) "could race against truggies" ok then, yes you can if you drop it to were its the height of a buggy which i dont understand why people do that when they have the truck with the highest ground clearance of the monster trucks. You can make anything race worthy with money, and savage sam dumped at least 1000 dollars into it to be able to race it and be competitive. in all, the savage was NOT built for racing. So what happens is people buy this tough truck meant for bashing, dump a ton of money in it just to race it. When they could buy and out of the box, cheaper and a better racer without tons of upgrades and most likely have better racing.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Savage FTW!!!
With a few little mods... the savage can be what ever you want it to be... And it def is the strongest truck hands down with the Twin Vertical Plate Structure!
Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Cool

Cheers!
Wow, I'm a joke because I stated the obvious problems with the savage platform? You sir are just another savage fan boy and quite a bit of a tool. I like how easy it is to get you predictable savage owners all bent out of shape just by mentioning the savages flaws.

You need to take a midol or scrape the sand from your vagina and realize the savage is NOT the ultimate truck, yes its strong and good for bashing but it will NEVER be a racer without dumping 1,000s of dollars into it and by then I think everyone agrees you've defeated the purpose of a savage MONSTER TRUCK and is not a savage anymore.

Cheers Tool!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Savage , hands down for the ultimate basher and with the right tuning a great racer.....
Old 04-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Also, Im ok with the savage as a truck, but as i stated before its not a racer. When i drive one it feels like it cant turn very well and its not that fast.

Im not trying to hate, but ive noticed that Savage Fan Boys think that its the ultimate truck. Have you ever worked on one? It takes FOR EVER to take off everything to be able to fix it. Its pretty inconvieniant
Old 04-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

The savage happens to be a great truck and yes for a truck of its size it is def. quick , the flux that is , being it has the neu 2200kv motor and mmm esc. For a truck this thing is quick and can go even faster with some esc adjustments and gearing changes , high speed idler gear and so forth... It is def. pretty hard to work on compared to other vehicles being it has the twin tvp's but they make up for it in strength. I will admit it does not handle so well out of the box being that the tires are too soft and fold under turning but with new tires and some shock tuning , maybe even a stronger servo it will handle great. I am def. not fan boy as i have owned many vehicle and driven many but for a mt it is a pretty solid machine so far for me , it is not meant to race but could be a racer if someone wanted to make it one but id def. say its in the top 5 for ultimate bashing vehicle's.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

The savage happens to be a great truck and yes for a truck of its size it is def. quick , the flux that is , being it has the neu 2200kv motor and mmm esc. For a truck this thing is quick and can go even faster with some esc adjustments and gearing changes , high speed idler gear and so forth... It is def. pretty hard to work on compared to other vehicles being it has the twin tvp's but they make up for it in strength. I will admit it does not handle so well out of the box being that the tires are too soft and fold under turning but with new tires and some shock tuning , maybe even a stronger servo it will handle great. I am def. not fan boy as i have owned many vehicle and driven many but for a mt it is a pretty solid machine so far for me , it is not meant to race but could be a racer if someone wanted to make it one but id def. say its in the top 5 for ultimate bashing vehicle's.
Well ive been talking about the nitro savages. Of course when you have two brushless motors, and lipo batteries ANY thing is fast.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by All4BSpinnin
Wow, I'm a joke because I stated the obvious problems with the savage platform? You sir are just another savage fan boy and quite a bit of a tool. I like how easy it is to get you predictable savage owners all bent out of shape just by mentioning the savages flaws.

You need to take a midol or scrape the sand from your vagina and realize the savage is NOT the ultimate truck, yes its strong and good for bashing but it will NEVER be a racer without dumping 1,000s of dollars into it and by then I think everyone agrees you've defeated the purpose of a savage MONSTER TRUCK and is not a savage anymore.

Cheers Tool!
Well, I did not mention Savage is an ultimate racing machine on a track, but given the reasonable hop-ups, it can be raced against the others.

A nicely-mod Savage will still be a Savage, must it be all stock and remained as it is...? Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives though...

RC is a hobby to spent and to support the local hobby shops; if you're so thrifty, give up the hobby and get yourself a Nikko and play with your nephew.

And don't talk vulgar, your education is like a crutch with which the foolish people attack the wise to prove that they are not idiots...

Cheers.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Savage , hands down for the ultimate basher and with the right tuning a great racer.....
Yes, thanks mate.

I do raced buggy and sometimes 2 Class including truggy monthly in my country and Asia.

When I'm not racing and running my Savage on a track, it were as fast as some of the truggies.

Originally Posted by pinky2252s
Also, Im ok with the savage as a truck, but as i stated before its not a racer. When i drive one it feels like it cant turn very well and its not that fast.

Im not trying to hate, but ive noticed that Savage Fan Boys think that its the ultimate truck. Have you ever worked on one? It takes FOR EVER to take off everything to be able to fix it. Its pretty inconvieniant
Yes, compare a Savage with a buggy or truggy, it do required to remove more screws... i.e. the rear center drive shaft.

There's always pros and cons, with a TVP chassis, it'll be more more work when comes to repair, differentials is easy to take out on a Savage X though compare with the older Savage 25.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Well, I did not mention Savage is an ultimate racing machine on a track, but given the reasonable hop-ups, it can be raced against the others.

A nicely-mod Savage will still be a Savage, must it be all stock and remained as it is...? Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives though...

RC is a hobby to spent and to support the local hobby shops; if you're so thrifty, give up the hobby and get yourself a Nikko and play with your nephew.

And don't talk vulgar, your education is like a crutch with which the foolish people attack the wise to prove that they are not idiots...

Cheers.
Ok, well im not going to argue anymore because half the things you're saying do not make any sense at all.. either way, for the savage to be made into a racer, it needs $1,000s of dollars and therefore most when are finished are not savages anymore.. if you want to race and bash then buy a durable truggy or buggy, if you want to bash and thats it, buy a savage, but if you want a well rounded truck that can be just as good of a basher and a better racer than a savage then go with a t-maxx.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.