Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
HPI Savage Flux vs HPI Baja 5b2.0 >

HPI Savage Flux vs HPI Baja 5b2.0

HPI Savage Flux vs HPI Baja 5b2.0

Old 07-25-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Also driven both, i had a Baja SS and my friend have the flux ,

the baja definatly need more space, if you dont have access to a wide area, you will find it boring quick.

If you run in soft sand, like beach or dunes, the brake can get stuck because of sand, same for the throttle. thats why i sold mine, i was tired of having the throttle stuck open for some seconds when sand was thrown on the engine.

No real in-air control when you jump, if it nose dive all you can do is watch and pray.

But if you have a nice place to run, they are fun. But kinda limited in what you can do...

The flux can do backflips, long wheelies, better in-air control, faster, cheaper to maintain in long term.

Its more time consuming to do maintenance or repair on the Baja.

But the only real reason i wouldnt get one is if you dont have the place to run it. They seriously need wide area to run on.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

i see many sides to this story but i guess my problems are due to my baja is an SS , soo it is modifided in stock form.
i realy don't think these are good for serious bashing!
i've had mine over a year and never had run threw a full tank.
it breaks from jumping, is very unforgiving on jumps and seems to be more comfortable flipping over than fliing.
i try very hard to avoid any grass because it fills up with dust grass blocking the fan and it runs hot affecting the tune.
i put outerwears covers, they gets full of dirt too.
last night i was driving it easy, triing not to break it, and it just stalled . it wouldn't refire.
i sure hope nobody has a bad time with thier bajass like i did!

the flux is awsome! the one i have is older and has stripped out diffs right now ...
but i have a nitro converted brushless and it's a real missle!
ten feet before a jump you punch the throotle and go from stopped to fliing twenty feet threw the air, no matter how many flips and cartwheels it still manages back to it's own wheels 95% of crashes and keeps on going begging for more.
just my 2 cents.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have a Baja 5t and a Flux. One thing that seems to get overlooked is how big of an area you need to run a Baja and the noise. You won't be happy running a Baja in the same size area that you would be for a Flux, Bajas are so much bigger, they need more room to run.

I had the poilce called on me the 1st time I ran my 5t. I was in the park where I normally my stuff and after a few minutes of running, the police showed up and told me to leave and take the noise somewhere else. This was at 11:00am too. Mine was completely stock at this point (actually running breakin tank). The noise is louder with any kind of tuned pipe and you will want a pipe.

If you don't have a place for running a Baja type vehicle, you won't be happy with it. My 5t sits a lot more than I want it to. I dopn't hav this prob with the Flux, no ones ever complained.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Suspended

The Flux gets my vote. Baja doesn't even come close for me.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i had a baja for a short time and it turned into a money pit very fast. i ended up selling it and getting a flux and i haven't looked back.