Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas New Product Release!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 12:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I only have three things to say,

(1) Bravo on the starter box ability, that was my only real complaint with the original once I brought them up to what is needed to race competitivly.

(2) I actually despise two steering servos, that will cost twice as much to actually put good high speed steering servo's in it, hopefully, someone will make a single servo conversion for it.

(3) Please please please offer a kit version of this truck JR, you guys market it as ready to race but you know as well as I and any other racer that some things (especially radio gear) are never up to standards on an RTR and it would make it easier to have a kit, I am sick of buying new trucks each year to have to tear them down to ensure that they are put together well enough to withstand a 30 minute main and ditch yet another factory radio setup.

Aside from that, I will reserve all judgment for the truck until I see it at a major race. Maybe one or two will make it to the East Coast Pro Series round 2 in Charlotte NC and I can see how it fairs against pro hobby and UE/Dace small block trucks.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks good! I notice a few changes that I would consider improvements. One thing I really like is the rear exhaust. The tank moved to the other side giving easy access to remove the EZ-start and hopefully makes it easier to get to the carb to make quick tuning adjustments. Air filter is facing the front and not as close the the gear. Looks to be secured in too.

The suspension looks interesting but need to see it in action.

Is that a pull handle on the tank? Fuel tubing is secured.

Quick access to electronics. Rechargeable pack on board? Cool.

Like the handle alot. I'm a basher so that handle will be a great roll bar.

Just tell me there is a FM radio included in the box and I would have a chubby for sure.

Thats my 3 cents.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

I love the fact you could use a starter box. That would be so cool. No more blisters from pull starts, or one way bearings to blow out. Very cool. Those suspension arms look pretty small though.... But I'm sure rpm will make some nice heavy duty nylon ones .

Those tires look like great bashers, and probably wouldnt be too bad out on a track. Actually the might be good. How do the tires and wheel sizes compare to standard t-maxx/savage size wheels? Do you have to run revo wheel/tire combos? I would like to get a set of those for my savage.

If this truck came as a kit you could count me in to get one for sure. But if its not a kit, than I might just have to go with a 1/8 scale buggy. Or mabey I'll do that anyway because I already have a MT. I dont know.

What I like about the Revo:
1. Awsome engine, the 2.5 has great power, but since its a .15 and not a .21 or bigger it doesnt drink as much fuel. So you save money on MPG and dont need to carry as much fuel on board. Less fuel = less weight.

2. Nice fuel tubing securing system.
3. Air filter looks secured.
4. Starter box compatible.
5. Rear exaust so you dont squirt oil all over your chassis or tires.
6. Radio box system looks good.
7. Onboard rechargable battery pack.
8. Shocks are in the middle of the chassis so they will stay cleaner.
9. There are lots of other things I like about it, but lots are small and would take too long to list .

What I dont like:
1. 2 steering servos means that you will pay twice as much for new steering servos.
2. Fuel tank looks exposed on the bottom of the truck.
3. We will have to see how that supension works, I think it will be harder to tune than conventional shocks.
4. Suspension arms look weak.
5. Plastic drive shafts... still.

Cant wait till the reviews on this truck come out? When will the magazines be able to get hold of one? Looks cool.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

looks like its time to start saving for my first monster truck!
Old 04-09-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

You'd need a hand held bump starter to get a non PS engine running in the REVO....

Starter box ?? I don't think so....
Old 04-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Hopefully the larger heat sink will help regulate engine temps better. imho i think the 2.5 is entirely to hard to tune for a beginner. i used to own a t and bought my son a sport maxx he along with several other people i know constantly overheated. or they ran so rich it crawled and drooled like a newborn.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Default yeah baby

Now thats what i call new thinking about time someone came up with a new truck good work guys.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default traxxas revo...

cool truck.. very unique design.. hope this truck handles well...
Old 04-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, before you guys start jumping to conclusions you might want to check everything out first

The Revo can be used with just one servo. For those of us that race and have high speed servos laying around the one servo setup works great. However, for the racer just getting into the hobby the ability to use two mid leval servos gives the truck a ton of steering ability!

Yes, that is a handle on the tank

Anything else just ask
Old 04-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

On the starter box issue. I have three of them here (starter boxes not Revos) so I plan to try and come up with the best possible way to mount one up.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by nippon
imho i think the 2.5 is entirely to hard to tune for a beginner. i used to own a t and bought my son a sport maxx he along with several other people i know constantly overheated. or they ran so rich it crawled and drooled like a newborn.
I've always heard that the 2.5 is very reliable and, overall, one of the best engines on the market?? Is it more difficult to tune and maintain than most?
Old 04-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Awesome truck! There's no reason that they should've replaced the 2.5, it's just too good. To those who say it's hard to tune, sorry, but you just don't know what you're doing. Electronically controlled shifting is fuckin' sweet.

If there is a downside to this truck as of yet, it's that piece of crap radio. I know Traxxas prides themselves on making ALL components, but guys, that radio sucks. It was the first thing to go on my Maxx, as I'm sure it was on numerous others.

I'm torn between the new Losi truck and the Revo, and the only deciding factor so far is the radio. The Losi has a JR XS3, a VERY competent system, which I own by the way. But the Revo has all these "REVOlutionary" features, but a letdown of a radio. I will wait to hear some owners opinions before buying either truck, but the TQ3 is a BIG strike against the Revo.

I'd suggest yanking that radio on a few of them and offering an ARR version of the truck.

Besides the radio, you've put out an unbelievable vehicle, and at $480(Tower Hobbies), it's ALMOST too good to be true.

Matt
Old 04-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Dayum the truck is nice
Old 04-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default revo

all's I gota say is wow I wont one....
Old 04-12-2004, 04:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

JR, I talked to Steve on the grid the other day about the steering servo, great to know it will work with just one. Now I anxiously await what you have to say about a starter box because if a regular box can be used, well, RB V15 here I come, I will probably end up with this truck. He told me his was barely over 7 lbs rtr and he has not added anything aftermarket yet, now that is wicked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.