Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

im running
t-maxx
revo
savage
lst2
i love my lst2 but i havent had the chance of racing it but i just like it overall
Old 02-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have both the MGT 8.0 and Savage X4.6. The MGT was my first truck and I have put it through hell, I have gone through 3 sets of front A arms and 2 rear body mounts, I currently have a broken steering arm that I haven't fixed cuz it is too cold to run this time of year. I have put the Savage through the same stuff and some stuff I wouldn't dare do with the MGT due to the weight of the MGT and the only thing I have broke is the front bumper and 3 antenna tubes. Both are bone stock out of the box and bought used. I haven't had any problems with tuning the Savage but the MGT is a pain to keep tuned. I love jumpin my trucks and the Savage handles them better than the MGT and acts better in the air. The Savage is extremely more stable at higher speeds than the MGT on any surface that firmer than dust.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 PM
WP
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Lst ''anything''
Old 02-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was trying to decide if getting a new T-Maxx 3.3 or a Savage X4.6, but now it seems a LST2 is a good option as well....where do you get the LST2 from?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Savage!!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Uhgg
I have both the MGT 8.0 and Savage X4.6. The MGT was my first truck and I have put it through hell, I have gone through 3 sets of front A arms and 2 rear body mounts, I currently have a broken steering arm that I haven't fixed cuz it is too cold to run this time of year. I have put the Savage through the same stuff and some stuff I wouldn't dare do with the MGT due to the weight of the MGT and the only thing I have broke is the front bumper and 3 antenna tubes. Both are bone stock out of the box and bought used. I haven't had any problems with tuning the Savage but the MGT is a pain to keep tuned. I love jumpin my trucks and the Savage handles them better than the MGT and acts better in the air. The Savage is extremely more stable at higher speeds than the MGT on any surface that firmer than dust.
I've always been funny about the MGT8.0 but the MGT4.6 is great.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Losi muggy..
Old 04-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uhgg
This will make your Savage X even better in corners.
Monster truck opinion?-hpi102538-sway-bar-set.jpg
Old 04-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I like Chevy more than Ford.

DOH!

Old 04-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hpi savage or a losi would def be 2 of the toughest trucks out.i wouldn't waste money on anything else
Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snakemau
I was trying to decide if getting a new T-Maxx 3.3 or a Savage X4.6, but now it seems a LST2 is a good option as well....where do you get the LST2 from?
It's the LST XXL now, one awesome truck!!! The RTR kit is so good! I am building one right now. I had an Aftershock but that has slowly been evolving into an XXL. I got the chassis, diffs, and tranny for a little over $100. I am going to put my mach 427 into the pig until it pops and then replace it with the baddest nitro motor I can find. The Losi is so easy to work on it's unbelievable.

What would that be guys? What would be the meanest nitro motor for an XXL? Any thoughts on the Dynamite Big Red?

Check Ampdraw.com, they always have good prices.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

besides the overall size and the rtr package, are there any other major differences with xxl and the lst2? i heard there have been some air leak problems from the factory.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigterp77
besides the overall size and the rtr package, are there any other major differences with xxl and the lst2? i heard there have been some air leak problems from the factory.
I would say the biggest difference between the two is the transmission and engine. The XXL has a a faster gear ratio in its box. Other than that here are the differences I can think of:

Different Diff cases
Longer drive shafts
Different Tranny (no high/low- still has reverse though)
longer chassis (extended on the ends)
Different motor (XXL = 454 .28 cu in LST2 = Mach 427)
Tires
RTR Radio

The LST2 is discontinued, meaning Losi isn't putting more out in the MT economy. You can still find some collecting dust in hobby shops though selling for almost as much as an XXL. If I were you, I would just buy the XXL. The complete package is excellent. You don't need to do anything to it.

I bought an Aftershock and I ended up just upgrading all the parts to XXL. I got them all off of E-bay. If I had to go and do it again I would have just bought an XXL from the get go. It's tough, I give it hell and it keeps running. I am impressed.

I have run 10 gallons through those Aftershock diffs and never touched them. I was running the other day and some funny noises were coming from the front end. I pulled the front diff off out in the field (real easy on the LST rigs) and saw that the bearing on the outdrive was blown. I pulled the diff apart. The factory grease was still in there doing its thing. Looking dirty but still going. The mesh was still good, all the spider gears were good, amazing! Complete neglect and it didn't care. I cleaned them and filled it with 50k. These things are awesome!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Rookie

i got the lst2 as well . love that thing . i beat the crap out of it and it just ask for more . did the fuel tank mod and the forward only mod . waiting on the sway bar kit to get here . the only complaint i got about the truck is the bumpers . if you pick up the truck from the bumpers the screw will pull through the bumpers . i tried a washer and longer screws but it just strips where the screws go . found some aluminum bumpers on line and mounts . probably next mod .

i was thinking about getting the mgt . saw one on craigs list for a decent price .

was thinking about getting the O.S. 30VG (P) ES Electric Start for my lst2 . anyone ever use one ? what do you guys think ?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Rookie

ahh i dont know!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.