Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
traxxas revo 3.3 model # 5309 >

traxxas revo 3.3 model # 5309

traxxas revo 3.3 model # 5309

Old 12-21-2009, 12:49 PM
  #1  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
pgizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 14
Default traxxas revo 3.3 model # 5309

I would like to supercharge my traxxas revo 3.3 and add nitros to it, what gears should i use and will it be with it ? i was thinking about wider gears but dont know what top speed ill get, what u think?
pgizzy is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 05:49 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
boomgagem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, GA
Posts: 1,577
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Don't
boomgagem is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 06:21 PM
  #3  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
pgizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 14
Questions??

i want more pwer and top spped what do i do? i like the motor and i want to keep it gas so what do i do to make it faster?
pgizzy is offline  
Old 12-22-2009, 11:39 PM
  #4  
Tech Apprentice
 
30636086's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 57
Default

Ok, I have a question. I flight RC helicopters and I have a TT.53 on it. I use Magnum Heli Plus fuel that its 30% Nitro and 22% fully synthetic oil content; Here is the question; can I use it on the Traxxas 3.3? I use Traxxas 20% on it and its fast, but since I have 5 cases of Magnum 30% was wondering if I can use it on the truck too! and how much power it will get?
30636086 is offline  
Old 12-22-2009, 11:42 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (57)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,039
Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 30636086
Ok, I have a question. I flight RC helicopters and I have a TT.53 on it. I use Magnum Heli Plus fuel that its 30% Nitro and 22% fully synthetic oil content; Here is the question; can I use it on the Traxxas 3.3? I use Traxxas 20% on it and its fast, but since I have 5 cases of Magnum 30% was wondering if I can use it on the truck too! and how much power it will get?
You can NOT use airplane fuels with cars.
CaseyDDR is offline  
Old 12-22-2009, 11:47 PM
  #6  
Tech Apprentice
 
30636086's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 57
Default

Its not airplane fuel; its helicopter; its stronger! We use it on a airplane and it double the speed to the point that the plane folded the wings back ( the plane was flying faster than the wings! lol The other plane the engine and prop came out of it in flight like the cartoons! lol

But thanks for the info; I was told that I can use it but it will really shorten the life of the 3.3. But I wanted to ask the question here that are some guys with the knowledge. Thanks!
30636086 is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 12:52 AM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (57)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,039
Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 30636086
Its not airplane fuel; its helicopter; its stronger! We use it on a airplane and it double the speed to the point that the plane folded the wings back ( the plane was flying faster than the wings! lol The other plane the engine and prop came out of it in flight like the cartoons! lol

But thanks for the info; I was told that I can use it but it will really shorten the life of the 3.3. But I wanted to ask the question here that are some guys with the knowledge. Thanks!
It will definitely shorten the life, it's just not designed to run with that much oil. I run 30% Sidewinder, I'd suggest that in a heartbeat if you are looking for more power.
CaseyDDR is offline  
Old 12-25-2009, 10:22 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
OG RC 10T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,656
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pgizzy
I would like to supercharge my traxxas revo 3.3 and add nitros to it, what gears should i use and will it be with it ? i was thinking about wider gears but dont know what top speed ill get, what u think?
Try a three speed conversion for the transmission, use taller tires or change you pinion.

The supercharger and or nitros is a lot of money spent on something, IMO, that is really not worth it. If your dirving ability surpasses the power of the 3.3 see what other, more powerful, motors will fit your truck.
OG RC 10T is offline  
Old 12-25-2009, 12:00 PM
  #9  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 11,530
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pgizzy
I would like to supercharge my traxxas revo 3.3 and add nitros to it, what gears should i use and will it be with it ? i was thinking about wider gears but dont know what top speed ill get, what u think?

Thought we've been thru this -


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4yTADlRuF0
Duster_360 is offline  
Old 12-26-2009, 08:27 PM
  #10  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 370
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

The maximum rpm !!! Thats what you are shooting for. Supercharged + nitrous won't help top speed, its not TV. The 3.3 can only handle so many rpm's 20% 30% 40% not gonna help either.
tmaxxdaddy1 is offline  
Old 01-01-2010, 09:18 PM
  #11  
Tech Apprentice
 
30636086's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 57
Default

Just curious; Does anyone has video or knowledge of whats the top recorded speed of a Revo with a 3.3?

I seen few videos of them in the midto high 60 mph!

Last edited by 30636086; 01-06-2010 at 05:15 PM.
30636086 is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.