Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a new off road

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Looking for a new off road

i haven't been in the hobby for about 2 years and im looking for a reliable and durable off road trucks....i use to have a savage 25 but ran into alot of problems with it which made me quit the hobby at first but i just want a truck that i can ride in my backyard for fun and won;t give me problems
Old 12-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

i would get a revo! pretty durable and really fun to drive.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Well I take it you want Nitro.

If you want a vehicle that is not going to give you problems, I would suggest searching and reading on breaking in an engine, tuning an engine, and proper care of the engine.

If you do all of those things, most vehicles won't give you much problems. With that said, I think the Savage and the Revo are about the best MT's you can buy. So much parts support for them, and they are both reliable.

Savage is a bit tougher than the revo, and the revo handles a bit better than the savage.

I prefer the revo myself, I think they are a little easier to work on, and with proper care, will not break.

But with what ever truck you choose, please take the time to read up on breaking in the engine and tuning.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if you go electric get the Savage Flux
Old 12-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I bought a revo back before there were electric 1/8th, loved the truck, hated the nitro, and sold it rather quickly.

Recently I bought an eRevo and couldnt be happier. Weither you choose a savage, revo or emax, they are all good trucks and if you go electric you wont have any of the headaches with the nitro motor.

The new emaxx comes with two free batteries so its just about as plug and go as it gets.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Buy a Truggy instead of a MT...less trouble, more performance and a all around more capable vehicle on and off the track...
Old 12-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

take a look at the AE MGT and the MINIMGT as well.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how durable are the erevo's...cause i just wanna bash and need something that won't break down on me and can take a beating
Old 12-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Savage Flux will probably take some more beating and won't have so much chassis slap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5vILOPVX54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh5-bs6Jc8E
Old 12-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

A savage flux will take aton more abuse than an erevo

But if your just jumping it off a little xfactor ramp or something similar in your back yard, then either 1 would be fine.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Rookie

I find it odd that no one has mentioned any of the LST trucks. I have only had mine a short while but so far its seems very durable, much more so than my old t-maxx was.

As far as the ntiro or electric...that is very much personal choice. I find there is a certain primal joy from controlling a screaming smoking beast of a nitro vehicle, and I have never thought of nitro as very difficult to tune or maintain. Up until brushless and lipo became common place there was absolutely no place for electric in my garage. Now I have a mini e-revo vxl and an 18r that is waiting for a brushless conversion. So basically pick your poison as both offer plenty of power and decent run times now.

Mike
Old 12-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by salabarria
how durable are the erevo's...cause i just wanna bash and need something that won't break down on me and can take a beating
Ive put mine through some pretty rough stuff, that would have surely distroyed any of the 10th trucks or buggies that I have owned over the years. I havent broken any thing yet, its been three months with a 2000kv brushless motor and dual lipos.