Wiki Posts
Search

The revo race bet.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default The revo race bet.

A few months ago I was talking crap to a guy I know who races a revo. He has been racing RC's for 20+ years and I have just started racing so his skill is far better than mine. Now I have been running my savage for 5 years so I do know a thing or two. well long story short we ended up laying down a bet over what truck would win my savage or his revo. His revo is fully race modded w/ a picco .26. So now ever since I have been converting my basher truck to a race truck in prep for our showdown in the spring. Here is what I have done so far.

Sway bars
Mid-tank mod
Bowties
shock mods
xl drive train
3 speed trans
Carbon fiber ext lcg tvp's
Digatil servo's
DX3R
HPI suspension conversion

On the way I have a Modded Picco .28 matched to a ofna 086 pipe.
Hpi Big bore shocks. (these will be modded as well)

Here are some pics of the truck as it is right now. I am in the middle of a little work sorry it isn't complete yet.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

dude even if your driving skills were up to par with his. you would still loose. the savage is not a racer!

me and a buddy tried that.. (rdub2002) and it just always drove like crap. compared to the revo..

im sorry but the revo is a race winning platform even outta the box..

now if it comes down to who can bash the longest.. the savage has the revo cornered
Old 11-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
dude even if your driving skills were up to par with his. you would still loose. the savage is not a racer!

me and a buddy tried that.. (rdub2002) and it just always drove like crap. compared to the revo..

now if it comes down to who can bash the longest.. the savage has the revo cornered
Old 11-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

+1 The savage is a great basher great jumps but in the end the suspension and handling much better on the REVO., but great looking truck.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

I agree revo is a race truck but I don't think you are giving the savage it's do. With enough money and time the savage can run with anything out there granted at that point it is bearly a savage anymore.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

With enough money and time I can make a gremlin out handle a corvette

Either way good luck and all that matters is that your having fun with the hobby.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Pope NJ
I agree revo is a race truck but I don't think you are giving the savage it's do. With enough money and time the savage can run with anything out there granted at that point it is bearly a savage anymore.
i still have to disagree with that comment, my buddy dumped quite a bit of money into his savage only to have it mediocre and not worth it..
theres this thing called C.O.G and its a bitch !! lmao!

i say if you wanna race with some bashing. go with a revo or a truggy..
but if your pure basher that goes to the track just to goof around go with a savage.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

i still have to disagree with that comment, my buddy dumped quite a bit of money into his savage only to have it mediocre and not worth it..
theres this thing called C.O.G and its a bitch !! lmao!

i say if you wanna race with some bashing. go with a revo or a truggy..
but if your pure basher that goes to the track just to goof around go with a savage.
Well look as savage sam and his CF savage. That thing is a beast. His savage eats lst's and revo's on the track. But he must have 2-3k into that thing.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snowboard094
Well look as savage sam and his CF savage. That thing is a beast. His savage eats lst's and revo's on the track. But he must have 2-3k into that thing.
isnt everything transferred onto a plate chassis? and he ditched the tvps?
if so that is no longer a savage..

and trust me driver makes a huge difference..

allen horn local superstar here can wheel a lst and show up truggys..
same with dakota phend.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

isnt everything transferred onto a plate chassis? and he ditched the tvps?
if so that is no longer a savage..

and trust me driver makes a huge difference..

allen horn local superstar here can wheel a lst and show up truggys..
same with dakota phend.
nope it has tvps.
http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=P1020390.jpg
Old 11-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think a properly setup and driven Savage can beat the Revo's...... I have seen it done several times already ...Providing the track is open and not overly technical the Savage can do quite well... On a tight technical track then the Revo might have more advantages.... I have attended several big races where there were a huge number of MT's, and what seems to be the most important aspect is keeping the vehicle together moreso then actual track performance...... At the 2009 Canadian Winter Nationals there were 16 MT's that started the A-Main, but by the end of the race only 6 trucks were running and only 4 of those had stayed on the track the entire race, 2 had to pull off for repairs and were not in contention when they came back on the track... Tracks are hell on MT's and as a result the chances of a DNF are very high, much higher then the other classes...so to me most of the battle is just going to be keeping the truck from breaking.. even if the competition is slightly faster, their chances of breaking are very high, so driving clean and not crashing are far more important then any other factor.... Yes a Savage can compete, it may not be the sharpest best handling machine on the track, but as long as it doesn't break the chances of winning can be quite good......
Old 11-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Well either way the build has been a blast. I am the underdog no matter what I bring with me on race day be it this truck, a revo, truggy, buggy, it doesn't really matter he is a much better driver.

As far as the truck holding together that isn't an issue on a track so long as you don't land on gas or break. The CG is as low as it can get without the breaks and trans hanging out the bottom of it as it is they already do a little.

I did race it with the picco .26 outlaw a few weeks ago and got second in the main loosing to a lst. not to shabby for my first ever race. I have the bug now though so I will be racing a D8T next year.

Here is a video of the truck out bashing. It is the one with the yellow and white body. It can handle this kind of abbuse all day long NP.
http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...%3DfrUSeOif2_c
http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...%3DnTqAOVmIAo4
Old 11-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Soap+Water=SUPER SPEED! but hey good luck on your race cause your going to need it..
Old 11-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

If you want to show how good your Savage is on the track. Come to the Alabama Manufacturer Shootout in June. I know it's a long way, but this event will be worth it.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by boomgagem
If you want to show how good your Savage is on the track. Come to the Alabama Manufacturer Shootout in June. I know it's a long way, but this event will be worth it.
I plan on being there. I am going to be in NC the weekend before and was going to visit some people down there and make my way to alabama for the race. Thats the plan right now anyway we will see if the wife goes for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.