E-revo set up to keep up with revo3.3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-revo set up to keep up with revo3.3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone had any problems with the lipos on the bl erevo getting damaged from big jumps since the batteries sit on the bottom of the truck. I would thing in a bad landing or a huge bottom out and the liops may erupt or puff inside of the battery compartment and killing the revo?

I also want to thank everyone for their help and thank the site for letting us come together here.. I am a member to traxxas message board and I can not even post a message due to my e-mail being comcast!! Thank You.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well so far i havent had any issues with that. The bottom of the erevo has quite a few places where it would touch before even gettting close to where the batteries are located. As loong as your suspension is not super super soft and it is setup write. And that there isnt a really big gap between the battery and the battery compartment you should be fine... if there is any sort of gap just stuff some padding inside to keep it from moving. Other then that the thing i would worry about is setup with the erevo. Its stong enough to take beating so you dont really have to worry to much about breaking either but better safe then sorry!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Also since the main chassis plate is made out of a very tough plastic it offers enough give that the inpact will just even out throughout the truck really hurting nothing.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i have a erbe roller w/ hop ups for sale, let me know if you are interested
Old 09-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the e revo should blow a 3.3 away
Old 09-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Dude, get an LST2.... It ripps way harder that a revo small block. By the time your LiPo's are giong dead an LST will be on it 2nd tank stayin' flat in the air and buurnin' all 4.... or get a traxxas
Old 09-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

There are no tracks around and I live in the city. I usually rip my old revo 3.3 doun the street but it is too loud. I want to fo electric because I want to just plug and play. I am tired of tuning and making sure their are no air leaks, which is a challange in itself. If their was a close place to bash with nitro I would have keept my old 3.3. I usually just bring out my wooden ramp and hit flips for a tank. Even though I know it will be expensive for the lipos if I want to bash for 30 minuits pluss, I will not have to worry about engine breakdown, nitro, glow plugs and oily fingers. Another pluss for the electricts is they are allowed in state parks. I camp alot and have been told that since my truck runs off of gass that I can not run it due to noise, smoke and the chance of fire due to the fuel. I know lipos can catch fire but they do not know this. It really sucks being on vacation and having a rig in your car that you can not run.

I will be in the market to buy a blerevo at the end of the month. It looks like a good price for one is around 5 or 6 bills depending on hopups. I just cant wait!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rudyerevo
There are no tracks around and I live in the city. I usually rip my old revo 3.3 doun the street but it is too loud. I want to fo electric because I want to just plug and play. I am tired of tuning and making sure their are no air leaks, which is a challange in itself. If their was a close place to bash with nitro I would have keept my old 3.3. I usually just bring out my wooden ramp and hit flips for a tank. Even though I know it will be expensive for the lipos if I want to bash for 30 minuits pluss, I will not have to worry about engine breakdown, nitro, glow plugs and oily fingers. Another pluss for the electricts is they are allowed in state parks. I camp alot and have been told that since my truck runs off of gass that I can not run it due to noise, smoke and the chance of fire due to the fuel. I know lipos can catch fire but they do not know this. It really sucks being on vacation and having a rig in your car that you can not run.

I will be in the market to buy a blerevo at the end of the month. It looks like a good price for one is around 5 or 6 bills depending on hopups. I just cant wait!!!

Yeah i would say go with the BL erevo dude you'll love it trust me. I got a pair of 8000mah maxamps lipos and they last like 45 minutes so ya if you want runtimes then that would be the way to go. And if it ends up that you do get in trouble for using lipos in the parks you might wanna look at a pair of A123's as well they charge super fast, and are very very safe. And They also take so much abuse its sick....
Old 09-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I heard that i would need to do some mods in order to fit enough a123 cells into the e-revo compartment.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

I feel you on the plug-n-play convience, I race electric and bash nitro. But if you're set on getting an electric basher that just kicks _assss, this one dude shows up at my track on a practice night talkin' about come out here and check this out, it was e-revo with a mamba monster maxx in it runnin' 2 max amps LiP's on 40 series moab XL's and this thing was STUUPID fasst, wheely's in forward and reverse, no joke this was the scariest electric i've seen
Old 09-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

I heard that i would need to do some mods in order to fit enough a123 cells into the e-revo compartment.
WEll not really in order to fit them you either could cut a long rectangle out of one pair of doors and have another pair of doors that are stock for the li[os. Or you could just use a velcro strap and wrap it around under the motor mount to keep the doors shut.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Addict

For the most part I just bash and hit jumps. I sold my 3.3 and am in the market to purchase an e-revo at the end of the month I hope. My friend still runs his 3.3 and I at least want to keep up with him. I do not want crazy speeds and am looking towards a used brushless edition revo. I will invest in lipos. Here are my questions.

Can I keep up with a 3.3 with a brushed edition erevo with lipos?

Will stock BL erevo with 2s lipos keep up with the 3.3?

For someone who just bashes and wants to get the most bang for his buck, should I get an upgraded brushed e-revo that has a brushless set up?

For a basher who never raced before, is the transmitter upgrade and hubs upgrade really make that much of a difference. If so why (remember I am just a basher)?

Thanks for your help.
why didn't you explore d option of converting your 3.3 to brushless e-revo... there should be a conversion kit out there.

would have been cheaper...
Old 09-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
why didn't you explore d option of converting your 3.3 to brushless e-revo... there should be a conversion kit out there.

would have been cheaper...
WEll the only problem with converting your revo is weight transfer there is no way possible to balance say a revo conversion with one single battery on one said say to a erevo with one battery on each side.